New Computer Installation Issues

JoelW

Are you double clicking start.jnlp or trying to run it some other way?   The "%1" means that somehow the web launcher is not getting the path to start.jnlp the way it expects to.  

Discalaimer: I haven't yet installed windows 11, so I'm not sure if there's any window's 11 issues with ISY Launcher.

3 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Are you double clicking start.jnlp or trying to run it some other way?   The "%1" means that somehow the web launcher is not getting the path to start.jnlp the way it expects to.  

Discalaimer: I haven't yet installed windows 11, so I'm not sure if there's any window's 11 issues with ISY Launcher.

I am double clicking to use start. Where should it be pointing?

5 minutes ago, JoelW said:

I am double clicking to use start. Where should it be pointing?

%1 should be getting replaced, it's a placeholder for a replacement.  I'm not certain if it should be pointing to the full path of start.jnlp or more likely the full path to something else, such as a temporary file in the java cache.

We need someone to come along that has Windows 11, to ensure that ISY Launcher works with Windows 11 (or perhaps @Michel Kohanim

In the meantime, you can use the old method to get an admin console running:  https://192.168.XX.YY/admin.jnlp  Fix the IP address to be the IP of your ISY.  Ignore or bypass the browser security warning, download the file, move it to your desktop.   (that file will work until the next time you do a firmware upgrade)

Okay, i have another Win 11 computer that it works on perfectly.

So (why didn't I think of this first) I copied the details of the shortcut to my new computer and now it works.

All i had to do was change the location of the Java EXE since I am now using the 64-bit version.

Thanks Mr. Bill. I appreciate your trying to help me!

This is how the shortcut looks.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher/isy.jnlp "C:\Users\Joel Weisbrod\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\14\7f87040e-3d68cc62"

Archived