Wrong link posted on EnvisaLink-DSC for PG3 posting

TJF1960

Hi @Goose66, EnvisaLink-DSC for PG3 posting you did has the Bond Bridge instructions linked instead.

While I have your attention, should we be able to delete this program on PG2 and install it on PG3 in the same slot without loosing or having to update programs?

Thank you very much for porting this over. I am looking forward to installing it!

-Tim

20 hours ago, TJF1960 said:

EnvisaLink-DSC for PG3 posting you did has the Bond Bridge instructions linked instead.

Fixed. Thanks.

20 hours ago, TJF1960 said:

...should we be able to delete this program on PG2 and install it on PG3 in the same slot without loosing or having to update programs?

Unfortunately, there were some profile changes, specifically for the Alarm Panel node. The node address of the panel was changed from "controller" to "panel" in order to facilitate a future feature of the Node server supporting multiple panels, e.g., panel1, panel2, etc. (mostly implemented). In addition, the driver value used for the alarm panel connected state changed from GV1 to ST. This was due to ST being something different for controller nodes in PG2.

Any programs that utilize partitions, zones, or command outputs, however, should continue to work like they always did.

EDIT: In hindsight these changes were not really necessary. Before you install, please provide some feedback on these changes because it wouldn't be that hard to change things back. Another question is do I make similar changes in EnvisaLink-Vista to keep them consistent?

Hi @Goose66,

Honestly it doesn't make much difference to me. I vote for whatever you think makes the most sense and is the easiest on you. I will adapt either way you decide to go.I would just not prefer to have to do this a third time! LOL. 

I don't know anything about Envisalink-Vista But it seems like if you do the same thing for it wouldn't it make it easier on you in the long run?

I was planning on installing this on Sunday morning. Whichever way you decide to go please just let us know.

Thank you for an awesome node server! 

Tim

Archived