My Positive Experience moving EnvisaLink-DSC from PG2 to PG3

TJF1960

Moving from PG2 to PG3 was pretty simple, all went well for me.

If you decide to make the move but you are in a hurry, stop and do it another day, when you are in a hurry and pressed for time is when you will experience troubles.

Backup PG2, PG3 and IoP.

Take a screen shot of the config page in PG2 for Envisalink for use when updating the config page in PG3.

Take a screenshot of the device tree in IoP, specifically Envisalink so that you can rename all the zones back to what you had named them previously.

I decided to delete Envisalink from PG2 and install on PG3 to the same slot. After updating the new config in PG3 and letting it do its thing for a few minutes I opened the admin console, the new PG3 Envisalink had populated the device tree as expected. Open programs I only found 1 that needed attention, the program that monitors the panel battery. I expected this based on @Goose66 explanation in the first post. 

Even though only 1 program needed attention I noticed none of the programs were running true when they should have been. Opened a couple up, selected the first If line and hit update then save. That did the trick. I did a few more then decided to try a ISY reboot. This did the trick for the rest of the programs.

All in all this was a much smoother transition that I was prepared for. All is working great!  Thank you to @Goose66!!

I hope the rest of you have the same or better results!

Tim

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this. My experience was very similar but I had to do the update and save on each program that referenced one of the alarm zones. 

I use the Envisalink motion zones mostly to trigger lights. I found PG2 to be surprising quick in this regard. PG3 seems to be even quicker. I'm very happy overall.

Gary

Archived