Dimmer + switchlinc on/off in scene - not working

tome

I have a (high wattage) Switchlinc Dimmer tied to a load of outdoor incandescents (11 75W floods). In addition I have 3 other Switchlincs (non dimmers) at various locations. I want it to be a 4-way circuit, such that when I press any of the switchlincs it causes the dimmer to go on.

I create a scene called OutdoorLights and put the four devices into it (all as controllers) and it doesn't work. Behavior is:

1) When I turn on a switchlinc (non dimmer) the ISY indicates all devices in the scene are on. In actuality, the non-dimmers go on, but the dimmer does not. If I tell the ISY to then query the dimmer it shows it's true state of Off.

2) When I turn on the dimmer, all the switchlincs go on and so do the lights. If I then turn off one of the non-dimmers, the scene indicates off but it doesn't really go off. Again, causing a query in the ISY then shows the true state of the dimmer (which is on).

I just installed these switches so I don't know if this is something I am doing wrong, a bug in 2.7.9, or what? All the Switchlincs (dimmer and non-dimmers) show as version v.37 in the ISY display. All were factory reset before I added them to the ISY.

Tome

Hmm, perhaps I am beginning to learn something... :D

I looked at the Links Table for all the devices. The non-dimming switchlincs had A2 and E2 links for all the other devices.

The dimmer did not, it had 62 and 22 links for all the other devices. From this page: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Tools_Menu I see that 22 is "deleted" whatever that means, and 62 is not there so I don't know what that is. Anyway, I decided to do a restore device on the dimmer and now the Links Table shows A2 and E2 links like the others and it works! :shock:

Archived