Garage Door Status

jameslitton

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to simply get an open/closed status from my garage door using an SM-226L-3 NO/NC contact.

I have an EZIO6I and am pretty sure that I have to have this unit to obtain status. Is that correct? My ISY-99i is running firmware 2.7.0 which, I believe, does not support the EZIO6I, so how do I get a later firmware version. I have searched the wiki and the forums without success.

After I get a firmware version that supports the EZIO6I, how do I hook this up to obtain a status of open/closed (or on/off) via the www interface on the ISY-99i? I assume it would also be possible to have a program run that would send me a text message if the door is open after 9PM, etc too - is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

Hello james,

There is no ISY firmware that supports the EZIO6I. I can only suggest that you use an IOLinc connected to the contacts until we can fully incorporate the EZIO devices.

Once you are able to view the correct status of the door it is quite easy to add a condition which can add up to send you a notice or automatically try to close the door, or both or more.

Rand

Archived