get_devices.py DysonInvalidAuth

webminster

After cloning the libdyson repo, am trying to run the get_devices.py script, but no luck:

Please choose your account region
1: Mainland China
2: Rest of the World
Region [1/2]: 2
Region code: US
Email: asparks@zzz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./get_devices.py", line 22, in <module>
    verify = account.login_email_otp(email, region)
  File "/home/asparks/libdyson/libdyson/cloud/account.py", line 122, in login_email_otp
    response = self.request(
  File "/home/asparks/libdyson/libdyson/cloud/account.py", line 114, in request
    raise DysonInvalidAuth
libdyson.exceptions.DysonInvalidAuth

What should I be looking for to solve this?  Thanks.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, webminster said:

Thanks for the response.  Tried US in upper/lower case, also tried my email in upper case as well.  Same traceback.

-Alan

I, and others, have used 'CA' or 'US' and all lower case email addresses successfully.  Can you login via web to your Dyson account successfully?  Maybe a  password mismatch?

I have no problem logging into the Dyson website (myDyson).  As shown above, copy/paste the email address (user name).  I'm not prompted by the program for password - it fails right after the email address.

Python 3.8.10 on Ubuntu 20.04, changelog on libdyson shows 0.8.9 at the top.  Setup.cfg says 0.8.11.  Not sure why the mismatch.

So, an update:  I found this posting and tried opening the Dyson app on my phone first:

https://github.com/shenxn/ha-dyson/issues/5

That worked.  I was able to get the credentials from my account, 2 fans.  They are TP02 fans, the app shows type 475.

I added the parameters to the PG3 Node server install, but failing to get the right status.  The log shows:

2022-04-26 17:20:29,179 Thread-35 udi_interface INFO dysonfan:dysonConnect: Connecting to host 192.168.1.152
2022-04-26 17:20:29,180 Thread-35 udi_interface ERROR dysonfan:dysonConnect: Error connecting to 192.168.1.152, 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'connect'
2022-04-26 17:20:59,201 Thread-36 udi_interface INFO dysonfan:dysonConnect: Connecting to host 192.168.1.152
2022-04-26 17:20:59,203 Thread-36 udi_interface ERROR dysonfan:dysonConnect: Error connecting to 192.168.1.152, 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'connect'

That is the correct IP for the device.  Is this because the TP02 isn't supported, or something else?  This is PG3 version 3.0.59 on Polisy.

Yes, this is because the TP02 isn't supported (yet). I'm working with another user to try to add support. You can try the beta version in the non- production store if you like.  It's the first attempt at adding model 475 support. Let me know what the log shows if you do. The AC probably won't be right yet either. 

I can't find much info about this model. What features does it have?

Archived