Is there a way to link devices via mobile app?

armymutt

I'm trying to switch over to Polisy from Insteaon hub.  I can't figure out how to add devices via the mobile app.  It's a pain trying to run from the detached garage through the house, up the stairs in order to get the button on the device pushed and have the admin console searching without it timing out.  Barring that, is there a way I can run the admin console on a Kindle Fire?

55 minutes ago, armymutt said:

I'm trying to switch over to Polisy from Insteaon hub.  I can't figure out how to add devices via the mobile app.  It's a pain trying to run from the detached garage through the house, up the stairs in order to get the button on the device pushed and have the admin console searching without it timing out.  Barring that, is there a way I can run the admin console on a Kindle Fire?

You need to add devices from the Admin Console.

If you're moving from the Hub to the Polisy then you should do a factory reset on each device to ensure that no hub link tables remain in the device.

After you do the factory reset write down the Insteon address for the device. You can then enter the device address into the Polisy and link the device from the Admin Console without having to press the set button on that device. Click on Link Management in the Admin Console | New Insteon device. Enter the device address xx.xx.xx and click OK. This will work for all hardwired devices. Battery operated devices will need to manually be put into the linking mode.

It's best to start with devices closest to the Polisy to ensure good communications as you rebuild your Insteon network.

Hopefully you have an Insteon PLM, it should also be factory reset before any linking.

1 hour ago, armymutt said:

Currently Insteon linking is available on the iOS variant of UD Mobile. Insteon linking on Android, including Amazon devices, should be live by the end of next week.

Archived