No ISY response

delston

I've been trying to log into my ISY's page for a few hours now and the web page always fails to load and the GUI never opens. I've tried the page suggested on the http://www.universal-devices.com/99i website which does get the GUI to pop up, but when the GUI loads none of my devices, programs scenes appear, it just sits there with blank tabs. It never says "system busy" or "ready", the tabs can be clicked, but they're all totally blank.

I've tried clearing Java's cache and I've tried disconnecting the ISY's power for a few seconds neither did anything at all. HELP! I'm totally cut off now...what can I do to fix this?

VPNs can be configured to redirect the gateway through the VPN to use the office's Internet gateway. (This is to avoid the situation where the home machine gets a virus or trojan through its local gateway and then infects the network through the VPN). The office gateway has no access to your home LAN.

If that is the case you should be able to access your ISY via the public Internet even with the VPN connected - provided you have made it available through your router and the office firewall policy allows that access.

Alternatively you can ask your IT group if they can configure a 'split tunnel' for your VPN, allowing you to keep access to your local network while the VPN is connected.

Archived