Two issues with Insteon/isy

craigwalker

1) A few minutes after using a mini remote button, the unit will flash red several times. I think that it is looking for a legacy device. How can I clear its memory?

2) One of my Insteon switches turns on randomly. I'm thinking that there may be a hidden program that is doing this?

Thanks!  Craig, Portland OR

Reset Mini Remotes

Turn off Mini Remote by sliding the power switch to the right

Press and hold the set button while sliding the power switch to the left

Continue holding the set button until the beep stops

Release the set button. You should hear two beeps confirming that your Mini Remote has been reset

6 hours ago, craigwalker said:

2) One of my Insteon switches turns on randomly. I'm thinking that there may be a hidden program that is doing this?

Right click any program name, and use "Find" to see if the device is used in a program.

If it's not, there might be an odd link in the devices memory... in the device tree you could try right clicking the device a choosing "restore device" to have the ISY set the devices links again.

7 hours ago, MrBill said:

Right click any program name, and use "Find" to see if the device is used in a program.

If it's not, there might be an odd link in the devices memory... in the device tree you could try right clicking the device a choosing "restore device" to have the ISY set the devices links again.

Thanks Mr. Bill!

Archived