Back on the market (Free)

I have re-released Agave back on the market at freeware.  I will support it when I can, but I do not have time for active development.  I want to thank those that did supported me in the past.  It was a lot of fun.  I just just don't have the time to devote to something that in not financially beneficial.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

As an "all access with family manager" subscriber, this is disappointing news. You certainly have the record for the most expensive app I ever purchased.

I am in a new house and about to start the new build. I guess I am adding new control software to the list. Between this is the loss of Insteon, I have a lot more research to do than was expected.

GL in your other projects. 

I have just downloaded the Android free version.  I've been using the paid version for a while with absolutely no issues.  It's always quick to sync itself to the isy when started and has always been responsive and solid.

But I've noticed a problem in the new release that didn't exist before so you may want to hold off on updating.

I have a lot of Insteon devices and scenes so I place all of my scenes into Rooms. (Referred to as Folders on the isy).  Most Rooms display and operate correctly but, in the new version, trying to display three of my Rooms causes the program to immediately crash and restart at the Favorites screen.  At first I thought that starting the Room name with a "|" was the problem but I renamed two of the crashing folders with no change.  In addition I found that a folder innocuously named "Garage" was also crashing the App.  I have a total of 24 Rooms defined and, for the life of me, I can't see what's different about the three Rooms that now crash the App. 

EDIT:  I did some checking and the three folders that crash each have a "hidden" scene.  In my case, the hidden character is a "~".  So maybe having a hidden scene in a folder now causes the App to crash?

I've tried the following.  It didn't help.

1) Refresh Data .

2) Reset Agave Data and re-enter all isy login info again to allow a fresh reload.

Since James has issued this as freeware, it might be a while (if ever) to get this issue fixed.

But, does anyone have an idea of how I can get a copy of the previous version?  It seems that, if the free version doesn't work, there should be a way to get access to my paid version.

Frank

5 hours ago, Frank_YYZ said:

I have just downloaded the Android free version.  I've been using the paid version for a while with absolutely no issues.  It's always quick to sync itself to the isy when started and has always been responsive and solid.

But I've noticed a problem in the new release that didn't exist before so you may want to hold off on updating.

I have a lot of Insteon devices and scenes so I place all of my scenes into Rooms. (Referred to as Folders on the isy).  Most Rooms display and operate correctly but, in the new version, trying to display three of my Rooms causes the program to immediately crash and restart at the Favorites screen.  At first I thought that starting the Room name with a "|" was the problem but I renamed two of the crashing folders with no change.  In addition I found that a folder innocuously named "Garage" was also crashing the App.  I have a total of 24 Rooms defined and, for the life of me, I can't see what's different about the three Rooms that now crash the App. 

EDIT:  I did some checking and the three folders that crash each have a "hidden" scene.  In my case, the hidden character is a "~".  So maybe having a hidden scene in a folder now causes the App to crash?

I've tried the following.  It didn't help.

1) Refresh Data .

2) Reset Agave Data and re-enter all isy login info again to allow a fresh reload.

Since James has issued this as freeware, it might be a while (if ever) to get this issue fixed.

But, does anyone have an idea of how I can get a copy of the previous version?  It seems that, if the free version doesn't work, there should be a way to get access to my paid version.

Frank

Frank.  Sorry about this error.  I was able to find it rather quick.  I'll push an update after I run a few more tests.  

15 hours ago, Argilos said:

I have been using Agave for several years. Works great. Today, it denied me access and wants purchase. I did ($5.99) but access still denied. Restore does not help. Can anybody explain or help? Thanks.

Screensho.jpg

Please download the free version from the app store.  With the release of this I am shutting down any servers that the previous version needed.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, James fixed the free version of Agave and it now displays folders with hidden scenes without crashing.

I'm not sure exactly when the change happened since my Android phone quietly updated the app in the background without telling me.  But it's as good as before.

Much appreciated.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:03 PM, Frank_YYZ said:

Just to let everyone know, James fixed the free version of Agave and it now displays folders with hidden scenes without crashing.

I'm not sure exactly when the change happened since my Android phone quietly updated the app in the background without telling me.  But it's as good as before.

Much appreciated.

Yes, this has been fixed as well as an ELK issue that was also causing a crash.  I cleaned up a few more things and updated the support for PolISY as well.  I apologize for the issues. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...