Switched from Homebridge to Home Assistant...

19 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Correct.   First, consider using ~ as your ignore string.... wish I had started that way and someday soon I may convert.  I've tested (I have multiple ISY's being read into HA--My production and my "test" unit). 

Second, after you have made changes, First RELOAD the integration, then navigate to Developer Tools in the left hand menu.  then "Services" in the header menu, then run the service "ISY994.cleanup_entities"

@MrBillThank you!!!  Thank you for the screenshot too.  I did a quick test run to make sure I understood the method and it works.  I am converting to ~.  I have a path forward now and got a better understanding of the services options.  Looks very powerful especially being able to call other ISY services.

Thank you @Athlon for letting me know you were on the same equip/ver Im on.

@MrBillLet me know where to find one of those Binford 9000's....nobody stocks them since 1999 :).

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, MrBill said:

So tell me how you change it to away mode with a button, and how do you change it back with a second button.  I can probably help if I know more....

Two separate automations. Each button activates it's own automation.

I think I'm going to take the the easy way out - set up a scene in IoP. HA will see it as a switch I can simply turn on and off.

Thanks for looking at this.

@MrBill

Creating a scene won't do it for me. I need On and Off separate settings

Here's the automation yaml that sets my three thermostats to 'Away':

- id: '1658419617473'
  alias: Away
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
    - input_boolean.away_mode
  condition: []
  action:
  - device_id: 43155fb8091e0df7112be23cd986f4ae
    domain: climate
    entity_id: climate.family_room
    type: set_preset_mode
    preset_mode: Away
  - device_id: 32384f7f75726c1285a8fc51ca80fd18
    entity_id: climate.bedroom
  - device_id: 96597517074a02c8a49092c9ace202fb
    entity_id: climate.living_room
  mode: single

Edited by Athlon

@Athlon  I assume you Custom button is Toggling input boolean on/off?   and when On you want to set away. and when Off you want to set Home.

For your automation Trigger, use exactly what you have.

For Action, pick Choose

for Condition, again pick State and add the same input boolean entity... the for state type "on" but NO Quotes... like this except your entity:

image.thumb.png.4539bab5564b41f5e366963f496497a6.png

Next is the tricky part, as you scroll down from here you'll see this:

image.thumb.png.db621ce4d927f85550f92634b4bcc08c.png

We don't need anymore conditions, so skip that button. Press the FIRST "add action" and then add the 3 actions you need for each thermostat. 

After your finished there you want to add another OPTION.  That would be the ADD OPTION button that appears just above "Default Actions".  (BTW you won't have any Default Actions, so never touch THAT "add action".)  Now that we've pressed the Add Option button just ABOVE default acctions for Option#2 the condition is again "State", your unity, and then in the State Blank you want "off" again no quotes and no capital, like this:

image.thumb.png.3ad30dbd877816ad4afd2599864599e4.png

then you want to use the add action button under this "option" to add the actions required to set the three thermostats to HOme mode.

Now save the Automation, you should be done.

The key to this is your using one Automation with the option "Choose" to decide what to do when the input boolean is On or off.

Let me know how it turns out....

42 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Let me know how it turns out....

Not quite there yet. Thanks for pointing out 'Choose' - never would have thought to look there for this.

I believe I've done everything correctly. Here's the code that resulted:

Switch I'm using: input_boolean.away_mode

Dashboard Button code:

type: custom:mushroom-entity-card
entity: input_boolean.away_mode
tap_action:
  action: toggle
fill_container: false
secondary_info: state
layout: vertical

Automation code:

id: '1658430576706'
trigger:
    entity_id:
      - input_button.away_mode
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            entity_id: input_button.away_mode
            state: 'on'
        sequence:
      - conditions:
            entity_id: input_button.away_mode
            state: 'off'
        sequence:
            preset_mode: Home
    default: []

What looks odd to me is 'input_button.away_mode' is in the automation code, and 'input_boolean.away_mode' is in the button (dashboard) code. Do you know if that is correct?

btw, for now I'm trying to get it to work on just the one thermostat - I'll add the other two when we get it to work.

2 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@Athlon I see what you mean... no "Input_button" in the automation is not correct.  it should be input_boolean.away_mode in both.. it should be the same entity in the Button, the trigger, and both conditions. 

You have an input boolean "Helper" called away_mode correct?

Yes - type is Toggle

I'm going to manually change the automation code and try it. When playing around earlier I had another button (since deleted) that may have created that 'input_button.away_mode'. For some reason no matter what I do in th UI it doesn't change.

I'll update you here shortly.

Getting there...

The stat is switching to 'Away and Holding' now - which is what I want. Perfect.

It started working when I turned on the bluse slider on the page listing my animations. I have not touched those until now. Ouch.

It doesn't go back to 'Home' when I turn the dashboard button off though.

I had the yaml file open earlier in the editor I got from HACS - maybe it wasn't saving correctly (or at all)? It's correct now.

3 minutes ago, Athlon said:

Getting there...

The stat is switching to 'Away and Holding' now - which is what I want. Perfect.

It started working when I turned on the bluse slider on the page listing my animations. I have not touched those until now. Ouch.

It doesn't go back to 'Home' when I turn the dashboard button off though.

I had the yaml file open earlier in the editor I got from HACS - maybe it wasn't saving correctly (or at all)? It's correct now.

What happens if you go to the automations GUI... and scroll down to Option 2, then just a little further to the Actions for Option 2, from there choose "Run Action" in the overflow menu....  Does that make the thermostat change back?

image.thumb.png.51c0ca1eaaf8e5ce48325de3ae400e8a.png

9 minutes ago, MrBill said:

What happens if you go to the automations GUI... and scroll down to Option 2, then just a little further to the Actions for Option 2, from there choose "Run Action" in the overflow menu....  Does that make the thermostat change back?

Yep - it works when I do that - Option 1 as well, so I can make it change from there...

Here's the code:

id: '1658430576706'
trigger:
    entity_id:
      - input_boolean.away_mode
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
            entity_id: input_boolean.away_mode
            state: 'on'
        sequence:
      - conditions:
            entity_id: input_boolean.away_mode
            state: 'off'
        sequence:
    default: []

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Athlon said:

Learned a lot today doing this. Almost saw the rabbit, but the hole seems to be getting deeper and deeper...

giphy.gif

I am with you. I was trying to follow someone's advise and then the whole HA went down. I am now re-installing HA on the RPi and hopefully I can restore a recent backup.

1 hour ago, Athlon said:

Learned a lot today doing this. Almost saw the rabbit, but the hole seems to be getting deeper and deeper...

Thats great!! I followed along too and picked up a few things.   I didn't post anything else until your problem was resolved, but....here goes....

You guys got me there!!  @MrBilland @Athlon.

Took a little work on the ~ on the Polisy side.  I did have to delete my integration and add it back to get to 20227.6.  HA wouldn't boot at one point....by the time I had it hooked up to a monitor it was working again.  Maybe it finally got a clean boot, but I'm up to date, learned how to "clean up entities" in the Developer Tools, and got my ignore character short!!

Thank you again!!

image.png.de15a3d6285d7a4788aaba7b7942f8ca.png

image.png.356614d3d0199f9baa4bb4ede2120eff.png

image.png.47f6b6fc56002557c05cea9906b5aac9.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, asbril said:

I am with you. I was trying to follow someone's advise and then the whole HA went down. I am now re-installing HA on the RPi and hopefully I can restore a recent backup.

I was able to restore my latest backup. Both my ISY and my IoP are integrated, with so far no error message, but none of the ISY devices show.....  Only the IoP devices show, as before.

8 minutes ago, asbril said:

Both my ISY and my IoP are integrated, with so far no error message, but none of the ISY devices show.....  Only the IoP devices show, as before.

My depth on troubleshooting is not as deep as these other folks here, but the first thing I would verify if you can see the devices in the Admin Console.  My integration wouldn’t start so it wouldn’t even connect to my Polisy.

24 minutes ago, WHaas said:

My depth on troubleshooting is not as deep as these other folks here, but the first thing I would verify if you can see the devices in the Admin Console.  My integration wouldn’t start so it wouldn’t even connect to my Polisy.

Nothing wrong with my Administrative Console. In fact when I configure http, username and password of my ISY in HA I can see my ISY's blue light flashing actively for about 2 minutes, so it is reading the info, but then something goes wrong. I will check the log and try to identify an error message.

@asbril, In Settings -> Devices and Services you should see your ISY and Polisy represented like this:

image.png.d12d15d3a0465a3a30b59b82bf3b445a.png

Click on the ISY portion:

image.png.9d4fb63ba11e7bddf80960b4f5f214f8.png

Are Devices and Entities counts showing up there?  Is so what are the counts?

Now click Configure and show me a screenshot of the configure window.

We shall continue after knowing those answers.

3 hours ago, MrBill said:

@asbril, In Settings -> Devices and Services you should see your ISY and Polisy represented like this:

image.png.d12d15d3a0465a3a30b59b82bf3b445a.png

Click on the ISY portion:

image.png.9d4fb63ba11e7bddf80960b4f5f214f8.png

Are Devices and Entities counts showing up there?  Is so what are the counts?

Now click Configure and show me a screenshot of the configure window.

We shall continue after knowing those answers.

• The first picture shows both my ISY and my Polisy.
  • Picture 0048 shows the entities etc of my Polisy and these all show up correctly in HA.
  • Picture 0049 shows my ISY without devices or entities (and none show up in HA)
  • Picture 0050 shows the configuration window of ISY (10.0.0.11)

IMG_0047.thumb.jpg.5012db7b705c39d8487f15354b2e88bf.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

1 hour ago, asbril said:
  • The first picture shows both my ISY and my Polisy.
  • Picture 0048 shows the entities etc of my Polisy and these all show up correctly in HA.
  • Picture 0049 shows my ISY without devices or entities (and none show up in HA)
  • Picture 0050 shows the configuration window of ISY (10.0.0.11)

So this proves, the ISY is not loading, and the configuration for it should be correct.  I assume the IP address shown 10.0.0.11 is correct? 

Since I already know that you have the Add-on "Terminal and SSH" installed go to Settings > Add-on and click Terminal and SSH, then click Open Web UI.  After the terminal window opens type ping 10.0.0.11 at the prompt like this (note: my IP address is different):

image.thumb.png.1340755bd8afa84726c1285fd996224c.png

after the pings start rolling out you can use Ctrl-C to stop them.  Does that work?   we are pinging the ISY's IP address to see if it is reachable from HA.   if so, We'll proceeed to the next step of troubleshooting....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrBill said:

So this proves, the ISY is not loading, and the configuration for it should be correct.  I assume the IP address shown 10.0.0.11 is correct? 

Since I already know that you have the Add-on "Terminal and SSH" installed go to Settings > Add-on and click Terminal and SSH, then click Open Web UI.  After the terminal window opens type ping 10.0.0.11 at the prompt like this (note: my IP address is different):

image.thumb.png.1340755bd8afa84726c1285fd996224c.png

after the pings start rolling out you can use Ctrl-C to stop them.  Does that work?   we are pinging the ISY's IP address to see if it is reachable from HA.   if so, We'll proceeed to the next step of troubleshooting....

This is what I got

image.thumb.png.887f6927ce318a1860cdbc06ccf017c8.png

isy994
Error setting up entry ISY (10.0.0.11) for isy994
5:22:23 PM  (ERROR) components/isy994/__init__.py
CLEAR REFRESH

Full logs

2022-07-22 17:22:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ISY (10.0.0.11) for isy994
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/isy994/__init__.py", line 180, in async_setup_entry