ST-NuHeat Node Server UD Mobile issue

Go to solution Solved by simplextech,

I managed to install the Node Server easily, and it found all my thermostats.  From the ISY screen on my PC I can write to setpoints on individual thermostats; programs can change setpoints as well.  The issue is with the UD Mobile app on my Samsung phone.  I can see the individual thermostats and all their data, but when I try to access any to change the setpoint, I get an error message (see attached).  Anyone got any ideas?

Screenshot_20220722-120030_UD_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20220722-115643_UD_Mobile[1].jpg

14 minutes ago, steve-elves said:

Do you have contact information for the node server dev handy?

You rang?  I can take a look but I don't use UD mobile nor even aware if it's available for iOS so it will be difficult to test.  I'm also not sure what piece is missing so I'll have to investigate.

3 hours ago, steve-elves said:

Also, thankyou to Simplextech for responding!  I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

The nodedefs file for the NS has been updated which should correct the UD Mobile error.

A new package has been released to the NS Store and should show and update available.  Please keep me informed.

Got the update from the Node Store (v.1.0.2) but now it won't start from Polyglot 3 - I click "Start", it shows as starting, but then immediately shuts down.  I have rebooted both the ISY and Polisy Pro to try to resolve the issue, but no luck yet?  Is it possible that the fact I'm on day 2 of a 7 day free trial is causing the issue?

• Solution
7 hours ago, steve-elves said:

Got the update from the Node Store (v.1.0.2) but now it won't start from Polyglot 3 - I click "Start", it shows as starting, but then immediately shuts down.  I have rebooted both the ISY and Polisy Pro to try to resolve the issue, but no luck yet?  Is it possible that the fact I'm on day 2 of a 7 day free trial is causing the issue?

I don't think the trial has anything to do with it.  Or I would hope not.  There nothing in the code that defines the trial or difference in functionality that's all part of the PG3 Store.

There are instances where a NS does not stop correctly and then will not start up again but this is resolved by killing the old process or by rebooting which you did.  So this isn't the issue.

Before I pushed the update to the store I removed and re-installed my local version and I did not have any problems.  If the update process is not working for you then please try a delete of the NS and then fresh install of the NS.  If this works I'll have to go back and install an older version and try the update and if there's a problem with the update I'll work with UD.

• Thanks 2

Success!  Removing the previous instance completely and reinstalling it seems to have worked perfectly.

It took a little while for UD Mobile to catch up, even after re-sync.  I also notice that the setpoint values appear "sticky" in the mobile app - if I bump up the desired temperature by a couple of degrees, the new SP shows up directly on the thermostat and on the device page in the ISY Admin console, but it takes over a minute for the newly-entered SP to reflect accurately in the device details on the mobile app.  I'm thinking this is a "feature" of the polling timing, and isn't really a bug.  I'm content to be able to practice being patient.

Thank you for your efforts in resolving this.  I will be purchasing the NS when my free trial runs out - it's worth it!

• Like 2