Should not have panicked

socalgene

I have been an ISY/Polisy used for about 10 years.  Recently, my Polisy acted up and I had to send it back to UDI to be reflashed.   It was only gone for repairs for a week or so but in the meantine, I panicked without it.   I would have bought another polisy had it been available but none were.  So like the idiot that I am, I went on Ebay and bought a used Homeseer Troller and Insteon Hub.   After they arrived I had to pay 30 dollars to transfer the Hometroller license to me.  I also had to buy the Homeseer Insteon plugin for $59.00.   So now I am out of pocket for about the same price as a new Polisy.   

In the mean time, my repaired Polisy was returned and that took me about 8 hours to get up and running and it works even better than before as I had to start over with the installation of the Nodes and initiated a few new programs.

Then I turned my attention to the Homeseer thinking that that would be a good backup to the Polisy if I ever have problems again.   Well after two weeks and countless hours of toying and Internet research I have come to the realization that the whole Homeseer platform is not reliable (for me at least) and it was a waste of money.

The moral to the story is to trust in UDI and Michel and don't be impulsive like me and panic.

Thanks Michel and UDI for a great product and service.

Edited by socalgene
Spelling
  • Like 7