V3 Node server will not start

dinostop

I was able to get ecobee to work as well as Flair, Brond, and envisalink.  All of those I can click on the log and it brings it up.  This one does not. 

As for what got the others working, all of a sudden they started to work not sure why.

You can always go to the PG3 Log menu and select download log there.  That will download the PG3 logfile only and if a node server isn't starting, the error will be in the PG3 log, not the node server log.

15 minutes ago, dinostop said:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times, it works with v2 just not v3.  I have also tried different node numbers.

What version of PG3 are you running?

I'm running 3.0.63 

I just deleted ST-Nuheat and re-installed.  It installed and started as expected.  Then I went into the configuration page added my auth information and saved the changes.  After the save it auto discovered the thermostats.

It does take a minute for the node modules to download and install.  Are you trying to manually start the NS before the installation is completed maybe?

Version 3.1.2
Frontend Version: 3.1.2
ISY Version: 5.4.4
Uptime: 3 Hour(s) 25 Minute(s) 11 Second(s)
(c) 2022 UDI
Running on Polisy

It gave the progress bar after install, just did it again, and now I am leaving it sit to see if it comes up or not.

3.1.2 is a test version of PG3 for developers to test their node servers and provide feedback on the current direction of PG3.   As such, there's no expectation that all current node servers will install and run on it.

Is there some reason you are running the test version?

It would still be good to see the PG3 log file that includes an attempt at installing the node server.  That's the only way for us to determine what's not working right.  The one you attached above says "unavailable" so we can't look at it.

Also, since you're running the test version, any feedback?  The main changes are in how node servers are presented for installation from the store.

It looks like the production version got overwritten with the test version. I'm working to get that corrected.  Once the correct version is there, an update should revert it back to the production version.

• Like 1

@simplextechThe log shows this when trying to install:

8/16/2022, 11:37:50 [pg3] info: [00:0d:b9:59:41:84_1] 'ST-Nuheat' installed into ISY successfully...
8/16/2022, 11:37:50 [pg3] error: NSChild: ST-Nuheat(1) /bin/sh ./install.sh: /bin/sh: cannot open ./install.sh: No such file or directory

8/16/2022, 11:37:50 [pg3] debug: NSChild: ST-Nuheat(1) /bin/sh ./install.sh: exited with cause code: 127
8/16/2022, 11:37:50 [pg3] error: installNs: Error: Non-zero exit code: 127
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/lib/services/node servers.js:47:30)
    at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:537:28)
    at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1091:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (node:internal/child_process:449:11)
    at Socket.emit (node:events:537:28)
    at Pipe.<anonymous> (node:net:747:14)

Then when it tries to start if fails with:

ReferenceError: Cannot access 'logger' before initialization
    at process.<anonymous> (/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db9594184_1/st-nuheat.js:1:6746)
    at process.emit (node:events:537:28)
    at process._fatalException (node:internal/process/execution:167:25)

Node.js v18.5.0

I don't think running version 3.1.2 would cause this, but I've also never tried any node.js node servers on it yet.