Does not show status after network outage

macjeff

Setup-  Running PG3 ping and IOP.   Polisy is on a UPS.

We have had both power outages and network outages but known network outage on Friday for about an hour

Now nothing was updating.  I have TWO logs.  One before and one after restarting ping but I got the same thing.

So I restarted pg3.

after reboot everything was fine.  So the issue may be with Pg3 but since pretty sure Bob did both the ping pg3 update and pg3 itself I am posting here.  Feel free to move the post.Ping_8-28-2022_93603_AM.zipPing_8-28-2022_93603_AM.zip

Ping_8-28-2022_94645_AM.zip

I am getting errors uploading logs.  will also send to you in PM

Jeff

This is what I get from the logs:

At 9:36 you attempted to restart the ping node server.  It failed to restart because it was unable to stop the currently running version.  However, the restart attempt seems to have kick-started whatever was blocking it and it seems to start working.  At least it sends a bunch of status updates to PG3.

At 9:46 you attempt to start the ping node server.  Again it fails because it is still running.

So it appears that the network outage may have caused the node server to block in such a way that PG3 was unable to stop it. 

Restarting PG3 causes the OS to attempt to clean up hung node servers, so that is what likely resolved the issue.

Yes, I ported the ping node server to PG3, but beyond that, I don't have any other involvement with the node server.