Error message: "Z-Wave dongle not responding"

WhiteHat

I'm getting the following error message on the Admin Console: "Z-Wave dongle not responding". I can't seem to find any reference to this message on the portal. FYI, it is an old 300 series and I am running 5.0.16C - still need to get a new 500 series dongle.

Any suggestions?

8 hours ago, WhiteHat said:

I'm getting the following error message on the Admin Console: "Z-Wave dongle not responding". I can't seem to find any reference to this message on the portal. FYI, it is an old 300 series and I am running 5.0.16C - still need to get a new 500 series dongle.

Any suggestions?

Did you recently upgrade to 5.0.16? I'd say make sure you've cleared your Java cache and that the UI matches your firmware. You can also make sure the board is seated properly. Outside of that, the board could be going bad. 

If you have not tried yet, try rebooting your ISY from within the Administrative Console or from within ISY Portal, and if that does not work try power cycling your ISY. The latter is not the best option, but worth trying if rebooting does not work.

Last week I had the same issue with Polisy. The Polisy is in a closet and I knew that it was unlikely that the dongle had moved. After 2 reboots,  Zwave came back.

Hi

I tried a number of reboots, both from the console and by power cycling, all without any success. My upgrade to 5.0.16C was back in 2020 so that isn't the issue. That said, I did move the ISY994 to another part of the house as its old location was being renovated. I expected to have to heal the Z-Wave but I can't even talk to the dongle. 

Like you said, the board could be going bad but I'll try reseating it incase the travel across the house was hard on it. If that doesn't work, I guess I better order the new 500 series board.

2 hours ago, WhiteHat said:

Hi

I tried a number of reboots, both from the console and by power cycling, all without any success. My upgrade to 5.0.16C was back in 2020 so that isn't the issue. That said, I did move the ISY994 to another part of the house as its old location was being renovated. I expected to have to heal the Z-Wave but I can't even talk to the dongle. 

Like you said, the board could be going bad but I'll try reseating it incase the travel across the house was hard on it. If that doesn't work, I guess I better order the new 500 series board.

Have you considered moving to Polisy, including with the new Zwave board that comes in a few days ?