No activity after clicking purchase (PG 3.1.11 w/ ISY994)

Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I tried to purchase and install the MyQ Node server (PG 3.1.11).   Clicking either purchase or activate (for the free trial) does not seem to do anything or install the Node server.  I restarted PG3 and my ISY (I am currently using the ISY994i as I was planning to migrate to IoP once I receive the Zmatter card.

Thanks,

Josh

The purchasing process is a multi-step process.

When you click on "Purchase", PG3 redirects you to a UDI purchasing portal.

From the purchasing portal you make a purchase (or cancel).  Once that is done the purchasing portal then redirects back to PG3.

When PG3 sees that you have a valid license for the node server it will display an "Install" button instead of the "Purchase" button and that is used to install the node server.

To activate a Trial it uses a similar process except that it doesn't redirect to an interactive purchase portal and instead just requests a free trial license.  When PG3 sees that you have a valid trial license it will change the "Activate" button to "Install".

Since you say nothing happens, I'm guessing you mean the purchasing portal is never displayed?  If that's the case, it is something on your end that is blocking that.  Either your browser or your firewall.

• Like 1

on free node servers the install button also does not start a download either.

On the node server purchases website when I click refresh listing I get requested PID not found.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 9.22.23 AM.png

Edited by JBalog
additional info
  • Solution

PID not found is referring to your Polisy ID.  The Polisy does need to be registered with the Portal before it can create a node server license for it. 

My understanding was that it would register it automatically the first time you tried to purchase something but I don't have access to the portal administration so I'm not sure.  You may be able to log into your portal account and register your Polisy yourself.

The Polisy ID is the actually the MAC address of the network adapter so changing which network interface your using on the Polisy can cause issues.  I.E. if you switch from using a wired connection to wireless.

If none of this helps or makes sense you'll have to open a ticket to get someone at UDI to investigate what's going on with the Portal.