Last Keypress

wmcneil

@Jimbo.Automates, I see that the issue associated with being able to trigger a program based on an elk keypad F* key being pressed has been closed (https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/issues/69). I see that a program has access to the value of Last Keypress via Condition / Status / ElkArea* / Keypad* / Last Keypress, but there is not a corresponding value defined for Condition / Control / ElkArea* / Keypad* / Last Keypress, so I still don't see a way to trigger a program?

On 10/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, Jimbo.Automates said:

@wmcneil Why can't you trigger a program based on Status change?  That should work fine.  Adding Control is not really possible with this type of Driver since it's not a simple On/Off value.

@Jimbo.Automates,the behavior needed is that each single press/release of a F* key causes a trigger that can be seen in a program. Currently, a program which has an If "Status 'area / keypad' Last Keypress is F*" will have the IF statement triggered when a keypad F* key is pressed/released only if the F* key is also NOT the last key that was pressed previously. 

On a somewhat related note, the only Last Function Key values are None and chime. This does not match the github documentation. 

I am running Elk Node server version 3.5.5  

Edited by wmcneil
add reference to jim
4 hours ago, wmcneil said:

@Jimbo.Automates,the behavior needed is that each single press/release of a F* key causes a trigger that can be seen in a program. Currently, a program which has an If "Status 'area / keypad' Last Keypress is F*" will have the IF statement triggered when a keypad F* key is pressed/released only if the F* key is also NOT the last key that was pressed previously. 

On a somewhat related note, the only Last Function Key values are None and chime. This does not match the github documentation. 

I am running Elk Node server version 3.5.5  

Yes, that make sense.  Simplest way would be to send a 'None' before sending the same key twice in a row, but I'll also think about how to add Control events, althoughthat will be very difficult.

You are correct, only None and chime show up, they do all show in Last Key, so will need to look into it.  

Re-opened: https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/issues/69

Edited by Jimbo.Automates