Garage i/o link

I have a Insteon 6 button keypad controlling a i/o link to open and close my garage. I noticed yesterday that when my garage door is opened or closed it turns my bathroom fan off and on several times (about 4) in a row. The bathroom fan is connected to a Insteon on/off switch. This only happens when my fan is on. This happens anytime my garage is opened and closed, even with the original garage remote. I really don't know how long this has been going on.

Edited by Dishboy007

The first thing you can try is open the admin console, then one at a time select each device that is in anyway related to the I/O link or the bath fan.  (for example if there's another switch or keypad that controls or reports status of either, then include those devices in this exercise.)  When you've selected a single related device in the device tree of the admin console, right click and choose "Restore Device", rinse and repeat for all related devices.

What this does is rewrite the links in each device, it's possible that one is malformed for some reason.

• Like 1

Yeah, something happened. I lost connectivity with a few devices on the back side of my house, which is where the garage is. I tried restoring those devices, but it didn't work. I ended up deleting them and re-linked them and they work fine now. I'll try restoring I/O and fan switch tonight. Thanks