Trying to add 3rd KPL button to Garage Door, not working

jim_
Go to solution Solved by jim_,

I have 2 existing KPL / Buttons (separate modules) controlling the garage door [2450 i/o linc]

I'm trying to add a NEW KPL / Button so there will be 3 appearances to open / close the door ... 

I added the 3rd button to match the existing and remembered to set Toggle to match the existing 

When the new button is depressed, it flashes twice and goes dark, the buttons on the other KPL's light up, door remains closed

I'm not sure what info I need to post for assistance ... please suggest what I need to look at / for to debug ??

PIC attached - Rear KPL & KPL 8 Fam are existing, KPL2 Front is the new button 

cheers

jim

KPL3.JPG

Your screenshot show that you have writes pending. Right click on the device and then click on "Write updates"

If the KPLs still don't update, then try a factory reset/restore device on the new KPL. It's also possible that the PLM is not able to communicate with the KPL.

Let me know what happens after you try the above

I have 3 ISY-994 at different locations, all have i/o linc garage door modules and ALL show the same status ... 

You can write updates to the i/o linc all you want, they will always show the same status, yet have operated normally for years

With respect to KPL, I have added, removed, factory reset several times with same result 

KPL3.jpg

The  IOLincs are single band, powerline only, devices and are not as reliable as dual bank devices. The fact that you have pending writes to the devices means that they are not reliably communicating with the PLM. 

It's also possible that the garage door opener is creating noise on the powerline that's interfering with the Insteon signal.  

Take a look at this troubleshooting link.  You won't have a reliable system until you resolve the communication issue.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=INSTEON:_Troubleshooting_Communications_Errors

I had to put a powerline filter on my garage door opener in order to get my IOLinc to work properly.

• Solution

Solved .... lots of leg work / testing and NOT the expected AC noise one would typically encounter ...

Moved to IOLinc to isolated circuit (known clean from noise ... basically beside the PLM ... still failed

Factory reset the IOLinc / reloaded, failures still present, but random on reload

Checked the power terminals (plug prongs) and electrical plug ... noted some corrosion (typical long term humidity exposure)

Replaced electrical plug, steel wool the IOLinc plug terminals, apply protective electric grease on terminals ... 

Working ... 

Thanks to all who responded and read my post 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1