Thermostat

aLf

What has been the best thermostat for use with ISY?

Also because I have a Freeze Alarm installed at my house right now (2 thermostats), I'm hesitant to make the plunge to Insteon control of my HVAC. As with all the Insteon stuff there seems to have been much stumbling blocks in the therm's as well. I'm giving thought to just buying a thermostat to use as a "monitor" of my temperature. I'd appreciate input from all you testers who have been involved in this side of Insteon. This would eliminate one thermostat for me, but I have to have a warm fuzzy because of its importance.

Thanks,

aLf

alf,

I have a Venstar T1700, T1800, and T1900 in use. I am using the original version of the t-stat adapters. I have a completely warm and fuzzy feeling about them. The way I use them I have yet to have a failed communication event that I know of. I have actually be surprised by how well they work. It has been the best part of my Insteon system and it looks like I am on track to see a 10% reduction in energy for a full year of use, while increasing my comfort.

Illusion:

Thanks.

So can you elaborate on how you're saving $$ ?

Also, I have a ton of power outages (NO. WI), As long as the ISY comes back up, I assume the Venstar will as well?

What kind of call outs will it, do just e-mail thru ISY?

Which model is the best to have without programs?

Thanks,

aLf

Archived