Update to 5.3.4 from 5.3.1 attempts fail with Reported Written Size is Invalid

brockp

I have fought this problem the entire 5 series when I left version 4.  Now I am revisiting bcause I just ordered my PoliSY Mater module and seeing the easy ZWave transfer I'm prepping for that which requires upgrading to 5.3.4

What I have tried

Local UI (Same version as firmware) from a MAC (wifi) or Linux(ubuntu 22 wired to same switch as ISY) workstation both give same behavior.

I have tried multiple downloads of the firmware file, I have rebooted the ISY before uploading, all give the same behavior.

I have upped the memory available to the UI:

brockp           85727   2.3  3.1 40607200 1029712   ??  S    12:04PM   3:08.13 /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Djnlp.application.href=https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher/isy.jnlp -Xmx1024m  <snip>

I will say the UI has been very slow/chunky to do about anything in and has been that way for a long time.  I am mostly Insteon with some ZWave.  I upgraded the ZWave as required for an earlier upgrade, ZWave has generally been unreliable/slow to some devices even with repeaters.  All are probably unrelated but sharing because it has never 'felt right'.  

So looking forward to getting over to the Polisy which currently only run polyglot, but instructions say this is the supported version to upgrade from.  Zwave and ISY backups take just fine.

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 12.11.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 12.14.09 PM.png

Ok I restarted everything again, now my icetea install on Ubuntu is broken not sure what I did there. Just never loads,

BUT it worked this time from the Mac.  Which is great because now I'm current and I can migrate to IoP once my dongle arrives.  Also I _think_ I have my db9->rj45 cable from my PLM in the magic box of cables, I'll have to see.  Hopfully I don't need to find one of those.

Sorry for the noise, been leading with this for months.  My first download of the firmware on my system was from last year.