Issues Creating Widget for Z-Wave Device Added via ZMatter Board in Polisy

mbking

@Javi,

When I try to create a widget for a Z-Wave dimmer I added using Polisy with the ZMatter board, I'm getting errors when syncing and creating the widget.  All the errors seem to be related to the Node Def ID.

Here are the errors when running Sync:

image.thumb.png.6aec18c87d618f5d9a416f62c821d4e8.png

The first time I tried to add the widget, I got an error related to the Node Def ID when adding the device to the Display Node.  It added, but Display status had no values to pick, so adding the widget failed.  I did another Sync, same errors as shown above, but this time I could add the Display Status value and the widget was created.  But when I try to add a User Mapped Value, I get "Could not get node def ID".  When I try to control the device via the widget, I get the following error:

image.thumb.png.9e1a237fe9f39fbe91a801efb8b7f6f9.png

Hi @mbking,

Thanks for the report.

I'm still working on ZMatter support for UD Mobile. On my list after Android eisy onboarding.  Hopefully before eisy release date. This is the error on the second screenshot.

The synchronization error appears to show the standard Z-Wave definition files are not available but the System is reporting that the module is available.  I'll need to check with the team to find the root cause.

Do you still or did you ever have devices on the standard Z-Wave module (i.e. Zooz)? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Javi said:

Hi @mbking,

Thanks for the report.

I'm still working on ZMatter support for UD Mobile. On my list after Android eisy onboarding.  Hopefully before eisy release date. This is the error on the second screenshot.

The synchronization error appears to show the standard Z-Wave definition files are not available but the System is reporting that the module is available.  I'll need to check with the team to find the root cause.

Do you still or did you ever have devices on the standard Z-Wave module (i.e. Zooz)? 

Hello @Javi,

Yes, I had this same device on the Zooz module and it worked fine.  I'm not an expert with Z-Wave and I only have this dimmer device and a range extender, but this device was given the ID of ZW-003 on the Zooz dongle and it has the ZY-003 ID on the ZMatter board.  Not sure how those ID's are determined except for the sequence number.

Note: The recent onboarding changes seem to have improved overall performance of UD Mobile.  It wasn't bad before, but just seems a little more responsive which is nice.