ZMatter Basic Scene/Associations how to use in v5.5.0

brians

On 1/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, trevorst said:

It turns the switch into an instant on 100% with no dimming at the switch, can still dim by programs etc.

I am sure the delay is a Jasco thing but for my requirements that is not an issue and at $24 each it allowed me to replace all my Insteon switches at the same time without feeling guilty( -:   

So what do you think of the Zen71 are they good quality and do they connect direct to wire like the Jasco? I do have one spot that could use Instant on.

Do you have issue at all with your Jasco switches becoming unresponsive after a while, like maybe weeks/months? I have two of them and one in the bathroom seems that the switch locks up to manual control every so often and I have to use the airgap switch to power cycle it. The last time it happened it is working but doesn't provide instant status back to the ISY anymore but I can still control it. Similar thing just happened to my downstairs switch, but would not even turn on/off from ISY... and exclude/include fixed for now. I am too lazy to exclude/include and redo my bathroom fan programs right now but maybe later. This also happened with my Zooz dongle so it is not a ZMatter issue. I just installed a couple Zen71 so I will see how reliable those are.

1 hour ago, brians said:

Do you have issue at all with your Jasco switches becoming unresponsive after a while, like maybe weeks/months? I have two of them and one in the bathroom seems that the switch locks up to manual control every so often and I have to use the airgap switch to power cycle it. The last time it happened it is working but doesn't provide instant status back to the ISY anymore but I can still control it. Similar thing just happened to my downstairs switch, but would not even turn on/off from ISY... and exclude/include fixed for now. I am too lazy to exclude/include and redo my bathroom fan programs right now but maybe later. This also happened with my Zooz dongle so it is not a ZMatter issue. I just installed a couple Zen71 so I will see how reliable those are.

I haven’t had them in long enough for anything to happen, so I hope it is not an issue. Have noticed a few strange things since I put Zmatter in but not sure if it was that or just issues left from moving of the isy944 to Polisy and switching eveything over to Zwave. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

@brians

Hey Brian on the GE switches I have the scene controls working and a double click on the paddle will switch on only the item I have in the scene (a hue light group) just fine and also by selecting the scene in a program. The issue I have is that it also runs the scene from a single press of the paddle, which I do not want. Have you run across this and do you have any ideas how to stop it. Also a double tap down does not switch the scene off just a single tap does. 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:25 PM, brians said:

I have had GE/Jasco switches for several years and generally I have no issues with them.  In fact GE/Jasco and Zooz are my preferred Zwave switches, well before Inovelli, which often have issues.

2 hours ago, trevorst said:

@brians

Hey Brian on the GE switches I have the scene controls working and a double click on the paddle will switch on only the item I have in the scene (a hue light group) just fine and also by selecting the scene in a program. The issue I have is that it also runs the scene from a single press of the paddle, which I do not want. Have you run across this and do you have any ideas how to stop it. Also a double tap down does not switch the scene off just a single tap does. 

Are you saying that while double tapping, the scene picks up the first tap and turns on switch if switch is off? 

In this case I would not put the GE switch nodes in scenes as a controller and instead use programs exclusively to detect the button via control and run appropriate scenes... use on for scene on and fast on for double tap. I don't think GE do triple, 4x 5x etc.

651798052_Screenshot2023-02-12at2_51_03PM.png.780d42acf232ea0115ddd20b2bee60b1.png

3 hours ago, asbril said:

I have had GE/Jasco switches for several years and generally I have no issues with them.  In fact GE/Jasco and Zooz are my preferred Zwave switches, well before Inovelli, which often have issues.

If buying today I prefer Zooz since they have more parameters and tweaks can do to them, and also GE don't seem to have 700 series yet available. Also mentioned before the GE take a second or two to update status to controller where Zooz are instant. My GE running downstairs has not had the problem my other one had so maybe it is a dud switch. I'll install somewhere later and test.

16 minutes ago, brians said:

If buying today I prefer Zooz since they have more parameters and tweaks can do to them, and also GE don't seem to have 700 series yet available. Also mentioned before the GE take a second or two to update status to controller where Zooz are instant. My GE running downstairs has not had the problem my other one had so maybe it is a dud switch. I'll install somewhere later and test.

I agree 100%. All my new switches are Zooz.