[Solved] PG3 error: MQTTS: clientError

wrj0
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

During the holidays, I sucessfully migrated from ISY994 to IoP, installed the new Matter board, and migrated to Matter.  And now have IoP programs running properly, and have begun to have z-wave support (with some device response issues as reported by others).  node servers running on PG3 are reporting data to the IoP (Climacell, Weatherbit, Elk, Notifications and ST-Inventory all seem to be running fine, and are properly updating IoP data.  And, the Occupancy NS is properly detecting and reporting geofences to IoP.

However, I see lots of frequent errors in the PG3 log.  For example:

12/25/2022, 13:17:36 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:17:42 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:17:48 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:17:54 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:18:00 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:18:06 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized
12/25/2022, 13:18:13 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: pg3frontend_W6ySn not authorized

These errors repeatedly show in the log every few seconds.
I've run Upgrade Packages in IoP, have restarted PG3, and have power-cycled Polisy, but these errors continue.

While I don't see errors in the individual Node Server logs, I did Stop each of my node servers one at a time to see if that helped with the PG3 log errors - it did not.  A screenshot of my PG3 dashboard is provided below - running PG3 3.1.16 and IoP 5.5.0.

I'm at a loss to understand the reported MQTTS errors.  And given the efforts that UDI is currently undergoing, really don't want to bug them at this time.  Wonder if someone here could offer some suggestions on what I may do to resolve these errors.  Thanks in advance!

36B28E1C-1ED6-4CD7-A6D9-8703C4143B93.thumb.jpeg.97296ccba06885637d8ef2664e52d982.jpeg

Edited by wrj0
Solved
  • Solution

The error message means there's a browser running the UI that is not longer authorized to connect to PG3, but continues to try.

The connection between the UI running on the browser and PG3 is only good for about a week and and then it expires.  When it expires you need to log out and log back in to the UI (and maybe reload the page in the browser). 

I see this a lot because I'll sometimes have multiple tabs open to PG3 and forget about one.  That one will expire (or I'll restart PG3) and the forgotten tab will keep trying to communicate with PG3 and get rejected with that error.

Many thanks, Bob.  Problem solved.  I found a browser opened to the PG3 page on a PC that I occasionally use to remote in to my network via VPN.  That page had indeed been open for well over a week.  Closing it has stopped the reported errors.  Funny how something so simple has caused me so much troubleshooting grief over the past few days.  Thanks for a nice Christmas present!