Anybody have success with the zmatter migration function in the console?

xgfreon

Trying to migrate from zooz dongle to the matter board. I only have 10 z-wave devices but it gets hung up and just loops forever after talking to neighbors part. I end up just shutting down and going back to an earlier image and the zooz dongle. Wonder if I would be further ahead to just remove the 10 devices and add them to matter 1 by 1.

anyone use the migrate button in the console config page and all was well?

13 minutes ago, xgfreon said:

Trying to migrate from zooz dongle to the matter board. I only have 10 z-wave devices but it gets hung up and just loops forever after talking to neighbors part. I end up just shutting down and going back to an earlier image and the zooz dongle. Wonder if I would be further ahead to just remove the 10 devices and add them to matter 1 by 1.

anyone use the migrate button in the console config page and all was well?

Didn’t work for me. I had to restore back to 5.5.2. The Admin Console (AC) shut down when I hit the button. I tried going back in but it wouldn’t accept my credentials. Had to use admin/admin to log in. I let it run for hours thinking it was working on it but nothing. There’s a lot to say but keeping this short. It just didn’t work. 

alright that sounds the same as my experience as well, credentials were reset most likely so it could automate the next steps. I'm not in a hurry to switch over to it but have not seen anyone else post that it worked yet so I will just keep my ears open for successful trials.

It didn't work for me.  I had to start with a clean z-wave slate and then remove/include all z-wave devices.  

I'm still futzing with programs that have devices that are missing.  But in some respects, this was a "good" thing.  There were a few devices that were unused or non functional that I was able to leave behind.   Cleaner.  But still a damn nuisance.

24 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

You will see that I have a total of 4 posts and have had 100% success getting everything to work. But there were clearly several "tricks" that I had to do.

@dbwarner5I've read your posts. I had the same issue with my AC credentials being reset. However, nothing worked after that. UDI had me restore back to 5.5.2 and wait for further releases. ☹️

UDI hasn't answered this for me, maybe you can. Should the ZMatter board be unplugged before starting the migration? I have the ZooZ dongle plugged in and the ZMatter board installed internally when starting the migration. I installed the ZMatter board as soon as I got it before it was clear that the migration software wasn't ready yet (IoX v5.4.5 ). 

@vbphil So many minor details that can go wrong.  I also installed the zmatter board in mid December when I received it but just did the conversions. 

Followed the directions in the AC that popped up after I clicked on migrate. image.thumb.jpeg.93e80ae4dd889990207a1b4dca18dca6.jpeg

Just skipped the install part because it was already done. So NO, I did not unplug the board in the process.

Edited by dbwarner5
12 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

Followed the directions in the AC that popped up after I clicked on migrate. 

I think what I must have done is misread that popup.

I remember being confused when I read "unPlug the non-Zmatter Z-wave+ USB Dongle...." My mind missed the "non-" part and ZooZ dongle" and zeroed in on "ZMatter Z-wave+ USB Dongle". I thought to myself "I don't have a Zmatter dongle". So anyway, I left the ZooZ plugged in and clicked OK. That's probably why I had a problem.

Edited by vbphil
typo
  • Like 1

@dbwarner5

I have gone the the process and back several times.  Once it get to the progress bar of the migration, it gets to 100% and starts over again continues to do that over and over.  Is that normal?  How long should it take for the migration.  I only have 2 locks, 2 switches, and 1 repeater on my build.

1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

if you look at this thread, starting with my post here 

You will see that I have a total of 4 posts and have had 100% success getting everything to work. But there were clearly several "tricks" that I had to do.

@PhoneGuy Had similar issue. .see my posts (4) that start with the above in the same thread, just keep scrolling down and you will see my experience. 

@dbwarner5

I read your posts and every other post I can find.  The system kept updating, hits 100% and starts over.  I attempted to do a reboot, same outcome.  I then attempted a reboot, same outcome.  I then attempted to delete all of the ZWave devices and skip the migration part and still same outcome.  Next I restored, 5th or 6th time, had to re-add all my zwave devices with the USB dongle plugged back in and I am back to normal.  I have to 5.5.2 firmware and did unplug the USB dongle as the migration says to do.  Any thoughts on what next?