KPL question

mitch236

I have a six button KPL. One of the non-load buttons I use to Control a Scene that I call Outside Front. I use the Mobilinc iPhone app and when I turn on the Scene Outside Front from my iPhone, the KPL button does not respond. Is there a way to program my setup so the KPL button stays synchronized with the status of my Scene?

Hi mitch236,

Is the button in the scene?

I have a six button KPL. One of the non-load buttons I use to Control a Scene that I call Outside Front. I use the Mobilinc iPhone app and when I turn on the Scene Outside Front from my iPhone, the KPL button does not respond. Is there a way to program my setup so the KPL button stays synchronized with the status of my Scene?

I can't figure out how to put it in the Scene. I created a Scene and the button is the Controller of the Scene but it isn't a Responder so when I change the Status of the Scene by other means (either the computer or my iPhone Mobilinc app, the KPL button's status doesn't change.

I assume the button works to control the scene, meaning I assume the databases in all the devices are correct.

I don't think the KPL button needs to be a responder. Just a controller. The KPL has the group (scene) in its database, and when it hears the group command, it should update its light accordingly. This is my understanding of how the KPL works, and that seems to be backed up by my installation.

I created a Scene and the button is the Controller of the Scene but it isn't a Responder

Controllers are, by definition, also responders.

Like the others, I have no explanation why this is not working, but have the same thought process as sub-routine. Restore the device. Perhaps, also, you can compare the links table to see if you have something amiss.

In addition, what happens when you turn on the scene from the ISY admin table? Does the KPL respond as it should? If not, is it possible that we have some communication issues between the PLM and KPL? Perhaps a scene test on this scene would be enlightening.

Troubleshooting is fun, huh!?

Trouble shooting can be fun. I like it alot more than x-10 which used to drive me absolutely crazy!

I think I am going to replace the PLM. Also, I am in the process of replacing six of my devices with current versions so I think I should wait until I do those changes before I keep trying to fix everything.

However, for this question, I realized that the only issue I have with the KPL and Scenes is related to the Mobilinc iPhone app. Apparently, it doesn't list the KPL button in the Scene unless it is the Load switch. I will move this topic to the Mobilinc forum!

I can only speculate about Mobilelinc, but I would have assumed that it is just a fancy, finger-friendly shell in place of the admin panel. It would surprise me very much if it re-defined scenes in ways different than programmed at the ISY admin panel. Out of curiosity, I will follow this topic on the mobilelinc forum.

Hi all,

I'm duplicating my post from the MobiLinc forums here:

I can confirm that MobiLinc does display the secondary KPL buttons in a scene and when commanding the scene to ON, all devices and KPL buttons associated with the scene also change to ON.

Try this...Go into My Settings and tap "Tap to Sync with ISY" and select Update Only. This will re-download all your devices and scenes and cache the MobiLinc database with the current set of devices and scenes from your ISY. Does the KPL button now show up in your scene list?

If you make changes to the folder layout, device list, scene list, or programs AND MobiLinc is not activially running on your device, MobiLinc doesn't know that there is a change to your ISY configuration and you will need to re-sync it to tell MobiLinc about the new configuration.

Let me know if that fixed your problem,

Wes

Archived