GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch 14298

vbPhil
Go to solution Solved by vbPhil,

Polisy, ZMatter Z-Wave, IoX v5.5.2

GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch, 1-Outlet Plug-In (2nd Gen.), Weather-Resistant, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, for Landscape & Seasonal Lighting, ZWave Hub Required, 14298,Black

I was unable to Exclude or Include this Z-Wave device. It was previously working great with the ZooZ 700 series dongle. I've tried 2 without any luck even after factory resetting the devices.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had success with them.

image.thumb.jpeg.0d9504a4f74e768dbc1e1172020f4a8b.jpeg

I have two of these and didn't have any problems excluding/including them. In fact, reset dongle 3 - 4 times for different reasons and didn't have any issues with these. Make sure you hold button for a few seconds, then release and press once. It prompts for DSK code and works.

What behavior do you see, specifically? Are other devices working for you? 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, firstone said:

What behavior do you see, specifically? Are other devices working for you? 

What I see is the AC does not dismiss the Remove Devices popup dialog when it communicates with the device. In this case the popup remains until it times out. Same thing with Device Discovery dialog when adding a device. All my other devices have added to ZMatter okay, this isn't rocket science. I've tried each one multiple times. When pressing the devices button it also changes state to on or off so I figure I'm getting a good button press.

• Solution

So, I have them added now. Tried SmartStart (Add/Remove) from UD Mobile and was able to succeed. I think my issue was not waiting long enough for the process to start. I also noticed in the device manual that it can take up to 10 minutes. It took a few minutes for me. I was used to my other devices responding immediately to the Include/Exclude process.

SmartStart

This switch is SmartStart enabled. If your controller supports SmartStart inclusion, this switch can be added into a Z-Wave network by following the instructions for your controller or hub and scanning the Z-Wave QR Code on the back or on the package when instructed. No further action is required, and the switch will be added automatically within 10 minutes of being powered up while in range of Z-Wave network.