Home Assistant Integration Updates Coming...

shbatm

11 hours ago, shbatm said:

The changes are merged, but unfortunately there are already too many other changes in PyISY for this to be picked up in a January update. They will be released in 2022.2.0.

You can:

1. Wait until Feb ~5th for the stable release

2. Wait until late Jan for the beta (and choose use beta channel)

3. Install now by using the dev channel.

If you install the dev channel you will also be able to preview and test the new features.

@shbatm If I did option 3 and then when the release 2023.2.0 comes out, how to I go back to stable release?

Would that be a cluster or what? 

25 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

If I did option 3 and then when the release 2023.2.0 comes out, how to I go back to stable release?

Would that be a cluster or what? 

Shouldn't be terrible, only potential issue is you don't necessarily know all of the breaking changes for your other integrations when you jump to dev. In Beta, they'll have the beta release notes with most of the breaking changes listed.

To go back to stable you just just use `ha supervisor options --channel stable` or follow the Beta instructions to the menu and choose "Leave Beta/Dev Channel"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 9:42 AM, shbatm said:

@shbatm Here's some more if you still need them. I'm on Polisy with ZMatter internal module

core.zip 

node_def_zwave.xml

Edited by vbphil
added info
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ds7771 said:

Today I received the following message in my HA dashboard.  Can anyone provide insight about what exactly this means?  I could not find any further details.  Is there a list of features that stop working in 2023.5.0?

image.thumb.png.7c23480a21908064111dbe6dfc2681a7.png

679568717_Screenshot2023-02-02at10_53_29AM.thumb.png.57b5b0a95f790b573cc574806607eb7b.png

If you click on it, is there a pop up?

11 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

If you click on it, is there a pop up?

No pop-up, just a dire warning without context. I had to search on the error message to make my way here. It sounds like there will be a major revamp of the integration but we aren't losing Home Assistant integration?

7 minutes ago, jshank said:

No pop-up, just a dire warning without context. I had to search on the error message to make my way here. It sounds like there will be a major revamp of the integration but we aren't losing Home Assistant integration?

not losing it.  However, if plan on spending time going through any scripts, automations or layout elements that may change.  Personally I rely on HA 99.99% and ISY .01% so I had quite a lot of updates in those elements.

To add clarity: I was on the beta for the last couple of weeks and updated my system as needed to get it to run.  

Edited by Mecheng70
clarity on why

Very strange that it's not telling you specifically what it is (everything I added should be telling you what the new way of doing it is).

Short summary:

1. Remove your `isy994`section from YAML if it's still there. You don't need it anymore.

2. Anything that uses an `isy994.*` service (except `send_node_command`, `send_raw_node_command` or the Z-Wave parameter services) now has a "built in" way of doing things -- either with a proper button, number, or select entity -- or is done automatically in some other way.

Also check your logs, for every issue, there should have been a warning in the log for the same thing.

Edited by shbatm
2 hours ago, shbatm said:

Very strange that it's not telling you specifically what it is (everything I added should be telling you what the new way of doing it is).

Short summary:

1. Remove your `isy994`section from YAML if it's still there. You don't need it anymore.

2. Anything that uses an `isy994.*` service (except `send_node_command`, `send_raw_node_command` or the Z-Wave parameter services) now has a "built in" way of doing things -- either with a proper button, number, or select entity -- or is done automatically in some other way.

Also check your logs, for every issue, there should have been a warning in the log for the same thing.

Thanks!  Glad it’s not going away.  Look forward to the new integration.

12 minutes ago, ds7771 said:

Glad it’s not going away.  Look forward to the new integration.

Nope, not going away. In fact, I'm hoping by May I'll have the Node Server and Z-Wave Definition upgrades done--basically it will interrogate the ISY to figure out how to display/control things more like the ISY Admin Console.

Follow here if interested:

Edited by shbatm
  • Like 2

Thanks very much shbatm.

I guess that explains why I could not find any of them. I have devices for "My ISY" and "My ISY Variables", but no "My ISY Networking Module".   Have reloaded the integration and restarted/rebooted.  Any thoughts on why it might not be there?

I have an ISY994i ZW running 5.0.16c (latest firmware that supports the version of z-wave on my ISY.)  Maybe that is the issue? 

No rush on my end, currently use variables (now numbers) to trigger programs on the ISY, so all is working OK.  Thanks for any assistance you can give.

1 hour ago, rktortr said:

I have an ISY994i ZW running 5.0.16c (latest firmware that supports the version of z-wave on my ISY.)

They should be loaded automatically if the module is installed. Please go to the following address in a web browser and look near the bottom for "Networking Module" and see if it shows true.

http://isy994.local/rest/config (replace isy994.local with ip address if needed)

<feature>
<id>21040</id>
<desc>Networking Module</desc>
<isInstalled>true</isInstalled>
<isAvailable>true</isAvailable>
</feature>

If that's true, can you send me a message with the XML results from:

http://isy994.local/rest/networking/resources

Last thing to check is to enable debug logging in HA (search my other posts) and see if it's complaining about loading them for some reason.

4 hours ago, rktortr said:

Thanks very much shbatm.

I guess that explains why I could not find any of them. I have devices for "My ISY" and "My ISY Variables", but no "My ISY Networking Module".   Have reloaded the integration and restarted/rebooted.  Any thoughts on why it might not be there?

I have an ISY994i ZW running 5.0.16c (latest firmware that supports the version of z-wave on my ISY.)  Maybe that is the issue? 

No rush on my end, currently use variables (now numbers) to trigger programs on the ISY, so all is working OK.  Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Is it checked under configuration?

image.thumb.png.d2c9dc0ab9a504fe53ad1fc6c5b7e244.png

Hmm ... I guess that explains why it did not load into HA.  Now to figure out why the network module shows as not installed.  My network resources appear to work correctly on my ISY, and portal integration is "true" as shown below.  I'll dig a little more.

From /rest/config ...

Networking Module:
<feature>
<id>21040</id>
<desc>Networking Module</desc>
<isInstalled>false</isInstalled>
</feature>

Portal:
<feature>
<id>21075</id>
<desc>Portal Integration - UDI</desc>
<isInstalled>true</isInstalled>
</feature>

On 2/3/2023 at 6:58 PM, shbatm said:

I'm wondering if since you have the portal and networking is included then it doesn't show the other module as installed.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:Networking

I'll have to update the Home Assistant side to look for either networking or portal.

Michel/UDI confirmed what you suspected ... portal includes functionality of network module, but does not show as installed. He recommended looking for the portal install flag, just as you thought.  Thanks for anything you can do, whenever appropriate.  No rush on my end, since everything is setup and working fine for my needs currently.  Please let me know if you'd like any extra info along the way.  Appreciate all your work on this!