Home Assistant Integration Updates Coming...

shbatm

3 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@Mecheng70 I'm very conscious of the venue I'm in; but if you're already using Home Assistant--you may want to check out Z-Wave JS with a Zooz stick.

I tried it with the aeotec stick and it had nothing but issues.  I like having the ISY as the controller as my HA in on my media server as a docker.  

Updated list of changes coming 2022.2.0 (bold=New feature)

• Add Insteon backlight control support to ISY994, bump PyISY to 3.1.7#85981 @MrBill
  • Deprecate isy994.cleanup_entities service (#85931)
  • Add enable switch for ISY994 devices, support availability (#85928)
  • Add Insteon ramp rate select entities to ISY994 (#85895)
  • Bump PyISY to 3.1.5 and fix bad Z-Wave properties from eisy (#85900) (may be pulled into 2023.1.x)
  • Add On Level number entities to ISY994 Insteon Devices (#85798)
  • Deprecate YAML configuration for ISY994 (#85797)
  • Bump PyISY to 3.1.4 to fix dependency issues (#85825)
  • Make use of str.removeprefix and .removesuffix (#85584)
  • Move ISY994 data to dataclass and remove bad entities (#85744)
  • Consolidate device info and clean-up ISY994 code base (#85657)
  • Remove old migrate unique ID code from ISY994 (#85641)
  • Add ISY994 variables as number entities (#85511)
  • Add network resource button entities to ISY994 and bump PyISY to 3.0.12 (#85429)
  • Add beep button entity to ISY994 Insteon devices (#85367)
  • Add query button entities to ISY994 devices and hub (#85337)
  • Use Platform enum and remove DOMAIN as X imports in ISY994 (#85341)
  • Add additional device classes to ISY994 sensors and bump PyISY to 3.0.11 (#85315)
  • Add additional device classes and units to ISY994 aux sensors (#85274)
  • Restore low battery state on ISY994 Insteon heartbeat nodes (#85209)
  • Assign ISY994 program entities to hub device, simplify device info (#85224)
  • ISY994: Add dhcp support for eisy (#85083)
  • Update ISY994 integration to be model agnostic (#85017)
  • Change ISY994 group device assignments (#84933)
Edited by shbatm
  • Thanks 2

Until 2023.2.0, you have to set the variable string in the config options to get them to show up as sensors

Settings > Devices & Services > Integrations tab

Click configure under Universal Devices ISY994

Next month they'll all come in as number entities. The only thing that setting will control is which get enabled by default.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Edited by shbatm
5 minutes ago, shbatm said:

Until 2023.2.0, you have to set the variable string in the config options to get them to show up as sensors

Settings > Devices & Services > Integrations tab

Click configure under Universal Devices ISY994

Next month they'll all come in as number entities.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

And this is what happens when you don't touch something for so long.  THANK YOU! 

25 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

Will aeotec light bulbs have a color wheel?

For locks, will there be a way to update lock passwords?

One thing I have been struggling is updating the led status on the switches.

These updates are mostly aimed at Insteon devices. I am working on the logic for pulling in Node Server Profiles which will enable advanced sorting and identification of available controls. After that's finished, it can be easily back-ported to handle the more advanced entities for Z-Wave.

I don't use Z-Wave on the ISY, so it's been my lowest priority (sorry, honest truth with limited time). If you'd like to help you can provide your core node def files since I don't have any:

http://polisy.local:8080/rest/profiles/download/core -> save as core.zip

http://polisy.local:8080/rest/zwave/node/0/def/get -> save as node_def_zwave.xml

The changes are merged, but unfortunately there are already too many other changes in PyISY for this to be picked up in a January update. They will be released in 2022.2.0.

You can:

1. Wait until Feb ~5th for the stable release

2. Wait until late Jan for the beta (and choose use beta channel)

3. Install now by using the dev channel.

If you install the dev channel you will also be able to preview and test the new features.

Edited by shbatm
  • Thanks 1

I am still struggling with programs not running on HA that control the eisy.  Honestly think that it is the eisy.  It becomes unresponsive several times a day.  

For instance, my program that turns on the simplisafe and internal cameras, did not turn off the living room and kitchen lights.  Last night, I was trying to program the door locks from the rest command and getting a 404 error.  Then the locks would disappear.  I was able to reprogram the locks through AC, but then had to reboot the eisy.  I reboot that thing 2-3x a day!!!!

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

I am still struggling with programs not running on HA that control the eisy.  Honestly think that it is the eisy.  It becomes unresponsive several times a day.  

For instance, my program that turns on the simplisafe and internal cameras, did not turn off the living room and kitchen lights.  Last night, I was trying to program the door locks from the rest command and getting a 404 error.  Then the locks would disappear.  I was able to reprogram the locks through AC, but then had to reboot the eisy.  I reboot that thing 2-3x a day!!!!

Since migration I don't get anything from eisy on HA.  Before migration I had a few (ZWave) devices on ZMatter on eisy and they were working fine in HA. Now the integration just does not work at all. @shbatmidentified the issue and hopefully this should be adressed in a February upgrade of the ISY integration.