Siri Shortcuts interface to UD Mobile?

bwade913
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I wasn't able to find any previous mention. Are there any plans for UD Mobile to provide an interface to Siri Shortcuts as other apps have done?

For example, I can create a shortcut "Start Coffee"  to run a Roomie Remote activity "Start Coffee", that in turn sends a command to my ISY to turn on my coffee machine.  It would be nice if I could cut out the middle man and send a command to UD Remote to turn on a device/scene. It would save me the trouble of creating the RR activity. and likely run faster.

I've been migrating away from Alexa to Siri for voice activation, because Siri shortcuts are very easy to configure and modify, and they can be run by talking to my Apple watch. Shortcuts are also supported on M1 macs, so there's that as well.

image.png.dc5b4b43c25a6545a38ca0818a399da4.png

image.png.e56f216a9d411779debcd4e905eab23a.png

Thanks Javi. I did see that and will take a look. But it's another case of using a third app in the middle, so it's not clear it would be an improvement over my current Roomie Remote solution. I have very little experience with IFTTT, but I remember it having very slow response when I tried it a few years ago.

The thing about having UD Mobile support in Shortcuts is that you could configure a new voice command in seconds.

No need for third party app. If you have ISY portal for remote connection, or if you only want on your local network.

Use shortcut URL, then Get contents of URL

To create the url get "URL to ISY" from Portal or use your local IP Address, then append the rest command i.e. /rest/nodes/<nodeAddress>/cmd/DON

Create a header in "Get contents of URL" with your authorization.  i.e. Key: Authorization and text: Basic base_64_Encoded_password.

79087.jpg

You can add variables if needed and also have the encoding done for you. See the following for examples:

https://community.openhab.org/t/sending-commands-to-rest-api-via-siri-shortcuts-whilst-outside-of-lan/84458

• Like 1

Thanks again Javi. It took me a while to get my head around this reading the several posts, but it is pretty simple now that I see it. 

The shortcut requires just two actions.

1. A URL action populated with a url which can be found in the connectivity, IFTTT/Webhooks section of ISY Portal. Just click on the icon between the red x and the event name that you have created. Copy and paste the url into the URL action.

2. A "Get contents of URL" action. Set Method to POST. Set Request Body to JSON.

I still think a direct interface to UD Mobile in Shortcuts (like other apps have) would make this sort of thing much more user friendly.

image.thumb.jpeg.02a83db6906369968902341990e48385.jpeg

Edited by bwade913