After Migrating to Zmatter, I have issues with Alexa and my Thermostat.

Stagehand

A few days ago I migrated to Zmatter. I first upgraded to version 5.5.3. Struggled through the devices that did not successfully migrate. Now the only issue I cannot resolve is to regain control of my Go Control Zwave thermostat through Alexa. I have two of the thermostats in my home and they both do not respond to Alexa. They do respond perfectly through the IoX system.  This is what I have done.

Deleted old thermostats in Alexa App.

Deleted thermostat connection to Alexa in the ISY Portal

Un-included and re-included the thermostats 3 times.

Factory reset both thermostats twice.

Alexa seems to discover the thermostats but says that they are not responding when asked to perform a command.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thank you.

After the migration I found myself with well over 100 "devices" in Alexa from Polisy. The routines in Alexa were still looking for the ZW devices instead of ZY.

Removing those ZW devices one by one was too much so I removed all devices from Alexa.

In ISY Portal, though the Alexa devices had migrated from Polisy to eisy they were still ZW, so I also deleted all Alexa devices, variables etc. and slowly add the new ZY devices and variables again.

After removing all devices from Alexa, I must edit my routines and I need help with the following :

I have a ISY program that depending on a condition in IF, sets a State variable to 1 and then Alexa when it detects that variable to be 1 makes an announcement. Now I forgot how to do that exactly.

I believed that in ISY Portal I add that variable as a motion sensor with motion detection at 1, then in the routine when it detects that variable as 1 it does the action. But now it does not work. I know that in the past someone guided me but I forgot to keep those instructions.

Edited by asbril

Thank you Asbril.

I checked to see if my thermostats are addressed as ZY and they are. I decided to try again. So I deleted the Thermostats from the Alexa app. Then deleted the devices from the ISY portal connected to Alexa. I did not exclude the Thermostats from the ZWave system as everything is working fine there. I re-added the thermostats in Alexa. Ran discovery in Alexa. They were both discovered by Alexa, but I get a message from Alexa that the Thermostats are not responding. I am happy to try any other suggestions.

I'm sorry that I am unable do offer you any suggestions with your issue. I am not experienced with using Variables and routines through Alexa.

All the best,

I migrated from Zooz on Polisy to ZMatter on eisy and I added a few devices to Alexa through ISY Portal. When I checked my Alexa App I found all my old Polisy device nodes (well over 100) still showing up. As I mostly have Zwave it was easy to see as they are all ZW and not ZY.

I removed all these devices from Alexa and then did a new Discover. To my surprise all the ZW device nodes came back even though my Polisy is disconnected.

I temporarily reconnected the Polisy and entered ISY Portal to remove all devices from the Alexa connection. Unfortunately, because I migrated Alexa from Polisy to eisy, I can no longer access the Alexa connection of Polisy in ISY Portal.

Does anyone have a solution ?

getting my zwave devices to respond in alexa was the most frustrating part to migration for me. I was using the alexa app on phone and deleting the old devices as they would show up 'not responding' in there. then verbally ask to run discovery again and wait for them to show up in the app again. From portal i had to delete the devices  spokens and re add the devices in there. Almost seems I had to do this a couple of times.