New Eisy - How long to let it stay in "System Busy" and random Insteon lights on/off and dimming

zorax2
Go to solution Solved by zorax2,

I filed a support ticket with UDI but with it being the weekend and I don't know if they follow the holiday schedule,  thought I'd check here as well. 

I completed the migration from an ISY994 IR-Pro (updated version 4.80 to 5.34) and then migrated to my new EISY via a local ethernet connection. I was able to activate the ISY portal. I was able to transfer Alexa integration. I have Insteon devices, Elk integration and no zwave equipment. I have about 110 device addresses in the ISY topology report – I “think” that includes buttons from the 6 and 8 button devices so the device count could be lower.

Initially, things seemed to work fine but then things went haywire shortly thereafter as or after I tried to configure the ISY portal, Alexa integration, UD Mobile app, PG3, etc. I have no idea as to what, when and why things turned into a mess.

Right now – biggest problem is “System Busy”. Things seemed to work initially but then I have no idea as to what happened. I tried hitting power button 5 times to reboot but am in fear of damaging links with the devices, ISY and PLM. I’ve searched and searched wikis, forums, etc. and can’t figure out what to do now. How long should this go on in busy status? It’s been in system busy status for hours. What do I do now?

Relatedly, Insteon lights started turning off and on randomly, lights would dim and other strange behaviors. It might be related to the UD Mobile app. I just have no idea what may have caused that to happen. I had to go around our home to physically turn off devices.

So what's next to try? Do I simply unplug everything, factory default the ISY and start over? If so, do I need to do a restore or reset of the PLM as well?

I am more or less in same situation.  I wanted to exclude a device that had not been working since migration but the exclusion window did not open. I then rebooted IoX but when I reopened the AC the system busy opened and stayed open for a very long time. In the Event viewer it shows that it remains stuck on refreshing views.

I have rebooted the system a few times and even restored latest backup but every time the same. My suspicion is that something went wrong in the system firmware. In the meantime nothing works.

• Solution

This morning I decided to factory reset the eisy and started over by migrating my backed up 994 file. Everything transferred easily and worked correctly. The ISY portal and Alexa integration were easier to connect as the license had been transferred already. Voice commands worked right away. I then installed the PG3 Elk Node Server to replace the Elk Module. All went well and everything seems to be working fine. No lights on and off, dimming, system busy or weird behaviors.

For me the only change was that I did not use the UD Mobile app at any time during the migration process and did everything via hardwired ethernet.