Ecolink Zwave Tilt sensor

SteveT

Has anyone had success getting the correct zwave nodes to display w/the ZMatter board for the ecolink tilt sensor?

I recently migrated from ISY994/ZW500 board where all was good.

Seems like its not being detected properly.  The odd thing is the sensor shows an ON event when I select basic in the zwave button/sensor detect, but not OFF.  There is also no status node for inclusion in programs either.

I have the sensor without the association button, you have to pull the battery for include.

thanks,

Steve

I'm not at all surprised. I'm having issues with the ZooZ Water Leak detector. See it here. I'd recommend submitting a Support ticket so that UDI is aware of it. Also take a look at the ZMatter Forum as there are plenty of others having issues with this new module and software.

• Thanks 1

I have one that's a few years old that I got to work on the eisy.  As with all my battery devices, I had to exclude it then include it to get it to work.  These are the nodes that showed up in the AC:

image.png.38dcd8e89f497cd4936793433e77fdbd.png

Here's the program I use to detect if the door is open.  The "Access Control Alarm" only shows "Window/Door is open" or "Idle".  I could only detect the former in a program so I used this program to send a Pushover message.  I had to use the state variable to allow Alexa to detect if my garage door is open as I have Alexa make an announcement when the door is open.  Maybe someone else has a better idea on how to accomplish this.  I had similar results with Zooz Open/Close sensors on my gates.

If
        'Garage / Garage Door Sensor / ZY 157 Access Control Alarm' Access Control is Window/door is open

Then
        Resource 'Pushover_Garage_Open'
        $Garage_Sensor_State  = 1

Else
        Resource 'Pushover_Garage_Closed'
        $Garage_Sensor_State  = 0

Edited by Mr. B

@Mr. B - thanks for the info - glad you have it working!

Do you know the Ecolink model # you have, I tried the exclude / include, but only get Wake up and Association nodes in addition to Binary sensor.  I came from ISY994/500 board.

The model on the back seems to be Model: TILT-ZWAVE2 .

No button for association on the board, just a tamper switch that is pushed down by the cover.

thanks,

Steve

Transfered all my zwave last week  to the zmater on my polisy.

Did have to exclude and then re- include this one and one of my repeaters.  All others added correctly.

My Model number for the tilt is TILT-ZWAVE2-ECO

5 nodes added 

• basic control
  • access control
  • wakeup
  • power alarm
  • tamper alarm
  • home security alarm

only strange thing i have seen is access control node reports "window/door open" (when in open position) and "idle" when in closed postion, when looking at status in a program says "window/door closed" and "window/door open".

It does work correctly in my programs.

• Thanks 1

I have Sensative window/door sensors that shows open and idle so this seems like a issue with certain class of device. I'm hesitant to open a ticket because I'm pretty sure UDI is aware of the problem and it feels like I would just be piling on what they are aware of.

Thanks all - still no dice, sitting next to the polisy, and only 3 nodes.  The only difference I can think of is I have an older model, the exact model # on the back is TILT-ZWAVE2 on the back -

Trying a policy power down, maybe the zwave board is "remembering" something - no idea.

Back to square 1 - looks like some h/w issue with the Zwave Matter board surfaced.  Polisy doesn't detect it anymore!

As part of my backout, I had to re-add the Ecolink back to ISY994, and it was flawless.  It adds the initial device, and then continues the interview process almost immediately to discover the additional nodes.  Stick with what works!

I am going to open a ticket w/UDI - h/w problem most likely - at least I was able to boot up the ISY994 and revert.  Positive note.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So looks like this was resolved for me in v5.5.5.  I reduced the communication speed to 50, and there is now an association node which can be used for the tilt sensor.

I guess it is old, and comms were too quick as Chris J had stated on a related support ticket.

Steve