Home Assistant PyISY 4 Alpha Testing

shbatm

PSA: If you are using the Alpha version > HACS-ISY994 version >=4.0.5, please adjust/turn-on debug logging to help with troubleshooting. 

# In configuration.yaml (persists across reboots):
logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    custom_components.isy994: debug
    pyisyox: debug

EDIT: jumped the gun a bit... I will push the 4.0.5 version to Github/HACS later this afternoon. 

There are going to be some breaking changes:

• Node Servers now use their real names and values for the different sensors (see 4.0.4 notes here: https://github.com/shbatm/hacs-isy994/releases/tag/v4.0.4)
  • Device State Properties (aux_properties) will now be broken out into sensors for Z-Wave (Insteon change was included in core last fall).
  • Battery-status-only nodes will no longer report a state under the main entity, it will be under a "_battery_level" sensor entity--the special logic which used the battery level for the main state has been removed. In the future, this "main" entity will not be created if there isn't a valid state.
Edited by shbatm
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, shbatm said:

PSA: If you are using the Alpha version > HACS-ISY994 version >=4.0.5, please adjust/turn-on debug logging to help with troubleshooting. 

logger:
  logs:

EDIT: jumped the gun a bit... I will push the 4.0.5 version to Github/HACS later this afternoon. 

• Node Servers now use their real names and values for the different sensors (see 4.0.4 notes here: https://github.com/shbatm/hacs-isy994/releases/tag/v4.0.4)
  • Device State Properties (aux_properties) will now be broken out into sensors for Z-Wave (Insteon change was included in core last fall).
  • Battery-status-only nodes will no longer report a state under the main entity, it will be under a "_battery_level" sensor entity--the special logic which used the battery level for the main state has been removed. In the future, this "main" entity will not be created if there isn't a valid state.

@shbatm can you remind me how to upgrade to new version ? Thanks !

27 minutes ago, shbatm said:

logger:
  logs:

Are you seeing the issue with switches not showing up in HA? 

OK... for anyone trying out the Alpha version: consider this your official "Here Be Dragons" warning. Up until hacs-isy994 4.0.3 and pyisy-beta 4.0.0dev3 everything was about getting the parity of the rewritten module up to the same point as the core PyISY / Home Assistant code.

If you install the hacs v4.0.6 (pyisyox 1.0.0a2) you are crossing into the breaking changes. Unlike what I will have to do when this gets merged back for everyone--there are no deprecation warnings or grace periods. I'm making changes that need to be tested to try and get the new features and sorting for Z-Wave and Node Servers ready for prime time.

Entities will change names, will change device classes, and will change controls.

If you are using this on your main production system--you must back-up Home Assistant frequently, and be prepared to revert back to an old version, or uninstall the hacs version if something is not working for you.

That being said, as @Mecheng70 pointed out, hacs-isy994 v4.0.6 is released and can be installed from your HACS page in the sidebar. You need to fully restart Home Assistant (not just reload ISY) after updating.

The new version of PyISY (formerly PyISY-beta/PyISY 4) has been renamed and released as PyISYoX. This will be kept through the updates in Home Assistant's core in a few months.

If you are trying to uninstall the hacs-isy994 version, and the normal version does not load when you restart Home Assistant: from a shell inside the docker container (e.g. `docker exec -it homeassistant bash`) you need to manually uninstall PyISY-beta and PyISY (`pip uninstall pyisy-beta pyisy`) and let Home Assistant reinstall it after a restart. Alternatively, time it with an update to Home Assistant, and it will give you a fresh container.

Edited by shbatm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some links to share:

Edited by shbatm

image.png.5e009f34d066f427199519663efe9365.png

@shbatmThis morning my Eisy integration no longer works in HA.  I am not aware of having changed anything and all was working last night. It says "Not loaded" but clicking on the 3 dots there is no option to re-load. I restarted HA in System, but no luck. My eisy works fine otherwise. 

I did not (consiously) update to PyISY 4. Any suggestion ?

11 minutes ago, asbril said:

image.png.5e009f34d066f427199519663efe9365.png

@shbatmThis morning my Eisy integration no longer works in HA.  I am not aware of having changed anything and all was working last night. It says "Not loaded" but clicking on the 3 dots there is no option to re-load. I restarted HA in System, but no luck. My eisy works fine otherwise. 

I did not (consiously) update to PyISY 4. Any suggestion ?

I tried to add the integration (as if it is an additional eisy, because I did not delete the existing eisy) and this is what I get :

image.png.f5243b24f55b7881bb72ebbc4260efef.png

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, BamBamF16 said:

I'm trying to get this installed but all I get is a failed to setup.  I deleted my previous integration to start from scratch.  Added the repository in HACS.  Restarted HA.  This is what I'm left with:

image.thumb.png.e1ea3d29f58f3d4a4ec41aa4f2ee8f70.png

Nothing past that.  Thoughts?

Jeff

do I need to add the PsISYOX repository as well?  It won't add if I do need that.

The only repo you need to add in HACS is: https://github.com/shbatm/hacs-isy994

V4.0.12 was just released, update in HACS and restart Home Assistant and let me know if you have issues loading.

This version has a lot more tolerance for unexpected data coming from Node Servers. If it doesn't know what to do with the data, it should skip that node server (or part of it) without completely bombing out.