Control Alexa enabled devices from ISY994i program

PJS

I am in the process of adding Mini Split heat pumps which are Alexa controllable.  My current hydronic heating system has 5 insteon thermostats controlled by my ISY994i.  I can find discussions about using alexa to control insteon devices through ISY, but nothing about doing the reverse.  Is it possible, and, if so, could someone please direct me to the resources?  I have installed and activated ISY Portal and explored, but still not sure if I am heading in the right direction.

22 minutes ago, PJS said:

I am in the process of adding Mini Split heat pumps which are Alexa controllable.  My current hydronic heating system has 5 insteon thermostats controlled by my ISY994i.  I can find discussions about using alexa to control insteon devices through ISY, but nothing about doing the reverse.  Is it possible, and, if so, could someone please direct me to the resources?  I have installed and activated ISY Portal and explored, but still not sure if I am heading in the right direction.

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

As far as I know, there is no direct access to “works with alexa” devices.  Alexa devices do not show up in the ISY device listing, and status is not directly tracked.  Having said this, one can trigger alexa routines via the ISY.  My memory is a little vague on this, but some ISY devices can be added to alexa as “sensors”, as can ISY variables.  Such “sensors” can be used as a trigger in alexa to force n lexa rotuine to activate.

I use this method to control alexa announcements via ISY programs, but anything that can be done via an elexa routine cna be triggered via ISY including, I assume, controlling alexa-enabled devices.

10 hours ago, dbuss said:

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

I am hoping to have setbacks and heat/cool settings controlled from a single point, so that the heat pumps provide the heat (more efficiently) but the gas fired hydronic zones are triggered if the heat pump isn't keeping up.  I know that can be done with 2 separate control systems, but it would be nice to run it from a single controller, to avoid unforeseen conflicts between the controllers.  What I have read so far suggests that I might have to resort to the Alexa routine based model, but I have so far avoided having my home control systems being internet based.