Cannot update to 0.7.5

GTench
Go to solution Solved by Panda88,

I'm having a problem trying to install the latest version of YoLink on Polyglot 3.1.21 with eisy IoX 5.4.5. If I do a restart I see  Current Version: 0.7.5 [Production] but after a few seconds it switches back to Current Version: 0.7.4 [Production] . I tried stop then start with the same result. I also did a reinstall with the same result. Not sure if I am running the 0.7.5 version or not?

Gary

• Solution

Strange - it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do - It says is does not see any changes in node-defs - (which is true) - 0.7.5 corrects a few spelling errors -that is all 

I am not sure - it is possible the SW is too smart and does not upgrade because it does not see a change.  The changes actually end up on the ISY 

I just received the power-fault detection device and will add this soon - I believe that release will force an update for sure as I will be adding a new node type 

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried upgrading to 0.8.20 but the same thing happened as before when I tried updating to 0.7.5

If I do a restart I see  Current Version: 0.8.20 [Production] but after a few seconds it switches back to Current Version: 0.7.4 [Production] . I tried stop then start with the same result. I also did a reinstall with the same result.

Can you send me a log - Could you try to install on a different node and see if that works - and then go back to install the same node.  I did update just before releasing on my personal "real" system and had no issues.  

If not, maybe ask Michal for help - I think something is stuck is your system 

OK Here is the log fileYoLink_2-8-2023_113941-AM.zipYoLink_2-8-2023_113941-AM.zipYoLink_2-8-2023_113941-AM.zip when I do a restart. Same result. If I reinstall on another slot do I have to reenter my custom parameters? I think you are right though about something being stuck. I had the same problem just now updating one of my other node servers

Thanks - no obvious errors in the log - maybe PG3 log shows something.

I think you can backup PG3 - then I think you can delete the node - and then try to reinstall from backup - I think that should force a install of the node server 

If this does not work, backup, delete node, install it in a different slot - delete that and then install back into the original one and then do restore backup - I think that should work

OK thanks. I will be away for a few days starting tomorrow; so, I might try that when I get back. Everything except the node server updating is working very well. I don't want things disrupted while I am away (WAF considerations). In the mean time I also submitted a ticket