Keys stuck in pressed state

gzahar

I'm not sure how or when it happened, but I noticed a number of keys showing up in pressed state.  This persisted through a reboot of the Node Server.  You might consider initializing all keys to idle on startup, unless there is some negative impact to that.

12 hours ago, firstone said:

Does it reset if you press the key? I currently don't keep track of key nodes so can't idle on start up. But, sure, will add that. 

Yes, pressing the keys again reset them back to idle.

I had a button stay in pressed state this morning.  Here are the lines from the log:

2023-01-31 10:35:57,756 Thread-4   udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:addNode: Adding node IR Button A(irbutton_104) [None]
2023-01-31 10:35:58,527 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set irbutton_104 :: ST to 0 UOM 25
2023-01-31 10:35:58,622 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set irbutton_104 :: ST to 1 UOM 25

You can see the last line left it in state '1' (pressed).  This was not a new button/node, so not sure why it had 'Adding node IR Button'.

Also noticed there are new installation instructions.  I am still setup using the reset_flirc.sh process.

I don't think that has anything to do with it, but I will update my ssh installation (ns was already at 0.1.8)

Lastly, in your config instructions, I think you meant to say 'Press Threshold' in the last line (not Idle again).

33 minutes ago, gzahar said:

Yes, pressing the keys again reset them back to idle.

I had a button stay in pressed state this morning.  Here are the lines from the log:

2023-01-31 10:35:57,756 Thread-4   udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:addNode: Adding node IR Button A(irbutton_104) [None]
2023-01-31 10:35:58,527 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set irbutton_104 :: ST to 0 UOM 25
2023-01-31 10:35:58,622 MQTT       udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:_message: Successfully set irbutton_104 :: ST to 1 UOM 25

You can see the last line left it in state '1' (pressed).  This was not a new button/node, so not sure why it had 'Adding node IR Button'.

Also noticed there are new installation instructions.  I am still setup using the reset_flirc.sh process.

I don't think that has anything to do with it, but I will update my ssh installation (ns was already at 0.1.8)

Lastly, in your config instructions, I think you meant to say 'Press Threshold' in the last line (not Idle again).

Switch to debug mode and when this happens, PM the log to me, pls. Maybe idle thread is dying. Press threshold is between Pressed and Held. Idle threshold is between anything else and Idle. 

35 minutes ago, firstone said:

Press threshold is between Pressed and Held. Idle threshold is between anything else and Idle.

I was referring to this (in README.md).

Timeout that switches key between Pressed and Held can be changed via "Idle Threshold".

Will put in debug mode.  Thanks.

Edited by gzahar
17 minutes ago, firstone said:

Try version 0.1.9. I've fixed restart issue and added raw data debugging. And send debug log when you see it again, pls.

Will do.  Pressed a lot of keys today trying to get it to happen again, but no luck.

I've written a program to notify me if any key is not in idle for more than 10 secs.  So if it happens again, I should be able to find it in the logs.