Older Insteon on-off keypad won't connect to 2245-222 Hub

GeneR

Hoping there's an Insteon guru who can help me. I'm not one.

Our new-to-us house has an Insteon 6-button on/off keypad controlling 5 circuits in a home theater room. It all works great pressing the keypad buttons manually.

There's also a hub that afaict is broken. No LED indicator at all (except the two on the ethernet port). It doesn't pull an IP address from my router. Pretty sure it's fried. 

I think this is all vintage stuff. Best guess is 2010.

So I found a new-old stock 2245-222 hub on eBay. Configured it with the app no problem.  Upgraded the firmware.

But adding the keypad doesn't work. When I press the "set" button, they (hub and keypad) beep at each other like old friends, but the app hangs with a spinner for a few minutes, followed by a message "Can't reliably connect.". Tried this a half-dozen times. Rebooting the hub. Restarting the app. Yada yada. Also tried with the Insteon ID. Same result: beeping and a swirly.

So I'm open to all suggestions. I'm guessing the keypad is so old it's incompatible. Or broken.  But the eBay hub is also suspect.

Any advice? Thanks.

Edited by GeneR

3 minutes ago, GeneR said:

Hoping there's an Insteon guru who can help me. I'm not one.

Our new-to-us house has an Insteon 6-button on/off keypad controlling 5 circuits in a home theater room. It all works great pressing the keypad buttons manually.

There's also a hub that afaict is broken. No LED indicator at all (except the two on the ethernet port). It doesn't pull an IP address from my router. Pretty sure it's fried. 

I think this is all vintage stuff. Best guess is 2010.

So I found a new-old stock 2245-222 hub on eBay. Configured it with the app no problem.  Upgraded the firmware.

But adding the keypad doesn't work. When I press the "set" button, they (hub and keypad) beep at each other like old friends, but the app hangs with a spinner for a few minutes, followed by a message "Can't reliably connect.". Tried this a half-dozen times. Rebooting the hub. Restarting the app. Yada yada. Also tried with the Insteon ID. Same result: beeping and a swirly.

So I'm open to all suggestions. I'm guessing the keypad is so old it's incompatible. Or broken.  But I the eBay hub is also suspect.

Any advice? Thanks.

This is a universal devices forum. They make the isy994, Polisy, and eisy. You'll need to post on the insteon forum for help. Being that it's an old kpl, there may be Powerline issues. 

• Like 1