Does it work on Polisy?

apostolakisl
Go to solution Solved by gzahar,

• Solution
45 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

Polisy has usb ports, so I could plug a flirc in, but would it work?  Also, is it possible to have flirc/your node server automatically load the standard 40 ISY IR codes?

It does work on Polisy, I am using on one now.

The actual flirc device has to be programmed to recognize the IR.  It only passes along mapped keys to the node server, so the node server never actually sees the IR information.  I have uploaded a flirc config file in one of the other threads that has the 40 ISY IR codes mapped to keys (you can you that to skip the flirc learning process).

Does it make any difference which flirc?  I've never used flirc and I see they have a couple models.  Currently, I took my old isy99ir out of retirement and have it accepting the 40 IR codes and then relaying to my polisy.  It was fun trying to dig up the admin console software to do that.  My needs are not complex.  I am using about 20 of the 40 IR codes and doubt I will ever need any more.

7 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

Does it make any difference which flirc?  I've never used flirc and I see they have a couple models.  Currently, I took my old isy99ir out of retirement and have it accepting the 40 IR codes and then relaying to my polisy.  It was fun trying to dig up the admin console software to do that.  My needs are not complex.  I am using about 20 of the 40 IR codes and doubt I will ever need any more.

The Flirc USB

https://flirc.tv/products/flirc-usb-receiver?variant=43513067569384