MyQ Node Server not working after replacing trial license

oneklakes
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

I previously installed the trial license which expired yesterday. Then I purchased the annual license and installed it. However, the NS is not working and is showing the following messages:

"Could not login to the MyQ service with the specified credentials. Please check the 'username' and 'password' parameter values in the Custom Configuration Parameters." (I didn't change anything from when it was working before.)

"The subscription for this node server has expired" (PG3 shows the annual subscription with an expiration date of xx/xx/2024.)

"A device command was attempted with no MyQ connection established. Wait for the MyQ Service to be connected before attempting device commands." (Not sure what this means although I suspect it is related to the erroneous expiration status.)

I restarted both the NS and PG3 but still get the these errors. Anyone experience this problem and can point me towards a solution?

Running PG3 v3.1.17 & MyQ NS v3.1.21.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Goose66 said:

As far as the “bad credentials” message, when you say “I didn’t change anything from before” does that mean you used the same credentials as before or that you did not add the credentials again after the reinstall.

@Goose66 I used the same credentials as before. They still show up correctly in the proper fields so I didn't think they needed to be revised.

The license information comes from the portal so first step would be to check that.  Log into the portal and select Connectivity -> node servers from the "More Tools" option.  It should list all the node servers you have licenses for.

That's information PG3 should be using to determine if the license has expired or not.

If that looks correct.   Switch the PG3 log to debug level, let it run for 2 or 3 minutes, switch it back to info, download the log and PM it to me.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

The license information comes from the portal so first step would be to check that.  Log into the portal and select Connectivity -> node servers from the "More Tools" option.  It should list all the node servers you have licenses for.

That's information PG3 should be using to determine if the license has expired or not.

@bpwwerI logged into the PG3 but am not seeing that option.

31 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Switch the PG3 log to debug level, let it run for 2 or 3 minutes, switch it back to info, download the log and PM it to me.  

@bpwwerJust sent you the log file.

@bpwwer @Goose66, I deleted all of my credentials, did a save and restarted the NS. I then, re-entered everything over again. I still get same error messages described above and the NS is not responding in the Polisy AC.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving for Asia later today so won't be able to do further troubleshooting until I return towards the end of the month. I will check back at that time.

I appreciate all of your assistance to date! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@Goose66 - I just upgraded to the EISY over the weekend and converted my Polyglots to PG3x.  The MyQ is only showing 1 node versus 3.  I am using the Polyglot on m Polisy using PG3 with no problems.  I tried reinstalling, restarting, powering down the EISY to try to resolve.  Firmware is 5.5.9 and all the other Polyglots are functional using PG3x - 3.1.23.

Edited by TUhl01

In the MyQ Service node.

EDIT: That was the solution. It is in the Configuration Help as well as the Installation Instructions/Release Notes ("More Info" from Node Server Store listing). This was done to allow users to be able to rediscover devices in order to discover newly added devices, restore previously  deleted devices, restore original device names, etc.

Edited by Goose66
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Just for folks searching in the future, the problems here were 1) bad credentials specified in the Custom Configuration Parameters and 2) an expired/invalid notification for the licensing issue stuck in the PG3 database with nobody (PG3 or node server) clearing it out.

• Thanks 1