Insteon Open Close Micro Module > Awning Window

KConover

I am getting ready to install a Truth motorized awning window closer on a (new replacement) Andersen awning window that is too high to reach. (Truth makes the manual closers for Andersen so no compatibility issues.) Depending on how this goes, I may want to do the same thing with the other six (6) awning windows that are too high to reach. (Yes, I'm living in a house that was an architect's home and architect's studio. You can tell because it's all windows (72 in all, plus five glass doors) and has track lighting throughout.) And I would like to use my ISY to create a scene for all of them so that I could use a single switch to open or close all these seven (7) high windows.

I figured to do one to see how it goes, but rigging it up so that a single Insteon wall switch can control all of them.

I got an Insteon off/on wall switch which I can install and simply not connect to a load, and use it as a controller of an Insteon Open/Close Micro Module attached to the Truth wall switch. Truth has great tech support, I talked with Mike there a couple of times there in planning this.

The Truth controller just needs an open or closed circuit as a signal. But after reading the documentation for wiring the Open/Close Micro Module, I can't figure out how to wire it to provide just a logical on/off signal. The wiring diagrams don't seem to recognize anything except controlling an AC load which is NOT what I want. (Instructions at http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2444-x22-en.pdf)

Anyone have experience with such a setup?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Seems like the wrong device for what you are trying to do.  

1. I assume you have to connect the line and neutral for the device itself to be powered and receive commands. 

2. Seems like the device will switch the line voltage to either the up or down wire, which sounds like that is not what you want.  

I think you want a NO/NC relay module instead 

https://www.insteon.com/io-module

Edited by elvisimprsntr

Thanks to both of you. If I go to the link for the I/O module by itself and then click buy, it takes you to the garage door kit.  And it turns out that the remote control that Truth provides has "open all" and "close all" modes. So I think I'll stick with that until the Insteon I/O module is available by itself.

Edited by KConover
  • 2 weeks later...

@KConover

There are 5 I/O Lincs for sale on eBay right now.  Search for "Insteon 2450".

Do a factory reset when you get it.

Please keep us updated with your progress - I also have too-high awning windows that I'd like to automatically open/close.

I appreciate you being the guinea pig.

Ross