Updates Not Being Installed On Restart

I have several node servers that will not install the update when I restart them.  Have we changed the way this works?  I restarted PG3 and nothing changed.  I also uninstalled one and reinstalled it and that did the trick. Thank you!

Edited by btreinders
Had to add to it
7 minutes ago, carealtor said:

I had what could be the same issue.

What worked for me

Thank you for the reply but one of them has auto updated in the past with a restart.  It is the ELK node server.  The other one is the OpenWeathermap node server.  AVRemote had the issue and I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it fixed it.  I would rather not do that with these two as they are heavily involved in programs and in the past I have had to redo all of them.  AVRemote went smoothly and all programs did stay intact but I really would rather not attempt that with these two.

Auto updating has been problematic for a while now.  It started having issues when I added a the ability for node server developers to release multiple versions of the same node server.  Previous to that, PG3 didn't need to know what you had purchased, you had simply purchased  node server X and if there was a new version of node server X, it could update to that.   Now there could be node sever X standard edition and node server X professional edition so PG3 has to know which one you purchased to know if it can update what you have.  In some cases it's easy for PG3 to determine what you have installed and update, but in many cases now, what was installed doesn't have the information PG3 needs to know what it should update.  In this case you can manually update using the "re-install" option.  The "re-install" option does the same thing as a update, but you have to tell PG3 what purchase option to use when updating. "re-install" doesn't delete existing nodes or delete existing configuration so you won't have redo configuration.

About a month ago I made a change that broke version detection for some (many) node servers.  This also impacts the auto update as it compares the running node server with no version to the version in the store and says you need to update.  It can't tell that the version you're running is the latest because of the missing version info.  Unfortunately, the fix can't be pushed out globally and may require the individual node server to be modified by the author to require the fix and then be re-installed.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, btreinders said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Is this the only way to install them?  There won't be an option in the future to just force an install and not install all new ones for just restarting PG3?

I don't understand what you're asking.

You can re-install today.  Go to the store, select the node server, click on the "Install" button and you have the option to re-install to the same slot.  That installs the latest version but doesn't wipe your existing configuration or nodes.  If you "Delete" and then "Install", it wipes everything and installs fresh.

So today there are 3 options:

1) automatic update (which may or may not work)

2) re-install

3) delete and install