First attempt at PG3 node server

I'm using the example and templates in the PG3 github with no success.  The node servers I install from the store work fine but when I install one from github or one that I write modeled after the example counter app, nothing works. What am I missing? For example, I installed the code here:

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc/udi-example3-poly

and it didn't work at all, which explains why my app modeled on it also doesn't work. I'm on eisy running the built in PG3x V 3.1.23

Edited by kewashi

First, please update PG3x.  3.1.25 is the latest version (just released yesterday).  Version 3.1.23 had a bug that may prevent some node servers from installing.

All 4 example node servers should install and run.  The template node server was more a reference on how to use some of the udi_interface API's than a working node server.

Node server debug relies almost exclusively on log files.  PG3(x) outputs a lot of information so that it's pretty easy to follow what it is doing and where something goes wrong, when it does.  While doing any node server development, it's not a bad idea to have a ssh session running that just runs 'tail -f /var/polyglot/pg3/pg3-current.log'.  With PG3x, a lot of the node server control (add/remove/start/stop) is now external to PG3x and handled by UDX.  That is all logged in /var/udx/logs/pg3_helper.log

Once the node server is running, you'll want to track it's log file (/var/polygot/pg3/ns/<uuid_slot>/logs/debug.log) 

Both the node server's and PG3's logs are also available through the PG3 UI.