isy-99i admin console loses all device status after logon

fgallina

Hi,

My isy-99i seems to be having some communication issues. Devices in the house are basically working, although sometimes unresponsive, but I'm seeing some strange behavior when I bring up the administrative console.

When I first enter my password, devices and scenes all show the proper icons, and I can get to all of the menus. Then, after about 5-10 seconds, all of the icons turn to exclamation points, and I can only get to the file menu.

I'm running firmware version 2.7.6, and I can't upgrade, because I get a message saying that the ISY refused the the program update.

Everything used to work fine, but I haven't logged into the admin console for a while, so I don't really know how long this has been happening, or what could have changed. Like I said, devices have been acting non-responsive sometimes, but I don't know why. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't seem to help. Thanks.

Hi fgallina,

This is usually associated with your firewall software. Can you save programs?

What firewall software are you using? Can you make an exception for the ISY?

Rand

Hi,

My isy-99i seems to be having some communication issues. Devices in the house are basically working, although sometimes unresponsive, but I'm seeing some strange behavior when I bring up the administrative console.

When I first enter my password, devices and scenes all show the proper icons, and I can get to all of the menus. Then, after about 5-10 seconds, all of the icons turn to exclamation points, and I can only get to the file menu.

I'm running firmware version 2.7.6, and I can't upgrade, because I get a message saying that the ISY refused the the program update.

Everything used to work fine, but I haven't logged into the admin console for a while, so I don't really know how long this has been happening, or what could have changed. Like I said, devices have been acting non-responsive sometimes, but I don't know why. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't seem to help. Thanks.

Hi Rand,

I was able to save programs, etc, but I'm no longer able to do much due to this issue. I don't have firewall software running on my pc, just my router. Are there ports I need to forward on my router to use the ISY on the local network?

THanks,

Frank

Hello Frank,

No, there are no ports you need to forward on the router. If you don't have any firewall software then I suspect a network issue. Do the Mem and Error LEDs on the ISY ever blink?

Hi Rand,

I was able to save programs, etc, but I'm no longer able to do much due to this issue. I don't have firewall software running on my pc, just my router. Are there ports I need to forward on my router to use the ISY on the local network?

THanks,

Frank

I just tried removing all devices from the network but the isy and my computer, and put the isy in the dmz...still not working. Am I wrong in thinking something might be broken? I would try and reset the isy to factory defaults, but I can't even back anything up in the current state. Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

Ok, I think I figured out what the problem is. It seems to be related to Java versions, because when I tried on another computer it worked fine. I was able to upgrade the isy firmware, and then the problem went away, so I assume enhancements were made to better deal with the newer Java version. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Frank

Archived