Moving NodeServers from 994i to IoP (PG3)

Is there a way - in PG3 - to migrate the node servers I have linked to my 994i to IoP, or do I have to reinstall each one again and configure them from scratch (what I ended up doing in the past during some testing)?

Both are using the same PG3 3.1.20 instance on the same Polisy, and both have an active portal license. 

If this is done automagically during migration from 994i to IoP, that's what I'm really looking for right now. Even if this is the case, knowing how to do this outside the context of a h/w migration would be good to know as I will eventually want to also use some of the NS on IoP on an eisy. Not having to re-install/reconfigure them one at a time would be a time saver. (Any required NS license purchases for new h/w would be done, of course.)

Apologies if this is posted somewhere. I looked but didn't find the info.

When a node server is installed, it places node server configuration information in both PG3 and the IoX (in your case the i994 ISY).  To "move" a node server would mean changing PG3's configuration and installing the node server on the new IoX.   So that's basically what you have to do to migrate.  

Once you restore the i994's backup to the IoP, the IoP will have the node server configuration from the i994, but it will be wrong.  When you switch PG3 to the IoP ISY, it should detect those node servers, but they'll be unmanaged.  I believe you can then select the node server in the node server store and use the "re-install" to same slot option.  That will correct the installation without requiring you to re-enter the node server custom parameters so everything should continue to work.

It's been a long time since I've done any migrations from i994 to IoP and PG3 has changed a lot since the migration was first documented.  Just follow the steps and it should be fine.  If you encounter a problem.  Stop and post here or open a ticket.