Aeotec Gen5 Home Energy Meter Include on eisy

Dean

I'm looking to add a new Energy Meter via Z-Wave to my eisy. I'm using the standard process with include the device, then pressing the "Action Button" on the back of the Aeotec device. I've tried pressing the button in different ways, but it never registers with Z-Wave on the eisy and the "looking" dialogue box stays on the screen.

Can anyone tell me how your device was added to Z-Wave, what buttons you pushed, how long, how many times. The Aeotec documentation doesn't seem to go into the details very well. Thanks in advance.

Be sure to check, and save, the Z-wave support box in the admin console system tab.

To add a Z-wave dsvice to the eisy, in the admin console click on z-wave | add a Z-wave device, then put your device into the linking (wakeup) mode by short pressing the action button.

Once it's linked the device led will remain lit.

The include (z-wave interview) process can take some time depending on the device. 

Edited by Techman

You should always do an exclude on any Zwave device before including. Even if it is new. Zwave devices can only include into one network and you never what occurred with your device before you opened the box..

Edited by tlightne
  • Like 1

All good points and thanks! I do have z-wave support checked and also tried to "exclude", but the device is not communicating with the eisy z-wave. I do think that I don't have the device in "pairing" mode. I've tried a single press, long press, etc., but the dialogue box with looking for z-wave device stays on the screen. 

So, I think the question in my mind is, how do you get it into pairing mode. Aeotec just doesn't make it clear.

22 minutes ago, Dean said:

All good points and thanks! I do have z-wave support checked and also tried to "exclude", but the device is not communicating with the eisy z-wave. I do think that I don't have the device in "pairing" mode. I've tried a single press, long press, etc., but the dialogue box with looking for z-wave device stays on the screen. 

So, I think the question in my mind is, how do you get it into pairing mode. Aeotec just doesn't make it clear.

I was able to get it to go into pairing mode by pressing the "Action" button 3 times very quickly. I looked back and another Aeotec device gave instructions to press 3 times fast. So, it's now inside. Also, the Aeotec guide said to not add this device securely. Therefore, under the Z-Wave Drop Down Menu, I temporarily turned off the Secure Inclusion parameter. It added it as unsecure. I'll now go back and turn security back on for the Z-Wave. Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Dean
Clarified where the secure inclusion is located
  • Like 1