eISY admin console and PG3x confi in sync

hart2hart

I reinstalled Virtual nodeserver and the nodeserver did not retain the config including nodes and config.  

The 5 virtual switch devices I created still exist in the admin console, but they are not listed in the nodeserver custom configuration parameters or as nodes.  I'm thinking I need to add them back on the nodeserver side.  Is that correct and is there a way to keep what is in admin console and nodeserver synchronized?

If you selected re-install to the existing slot, it does not touch the custom parameters so any that were previously entered will remain.**

If you delete the node server and then install, it will delete the custom parameters and you will have to re-enter them.

** This is somewhat dependent on the node server as it could clear them all at startup if that was part of it's startup process.

If you selected re-install to the existing slot, it does not touch the custom parameters so any that were previously entered will remain.**
If you delete the node server and then install, it will delete the custom parameters and you will have to re-enter them.

** This is somewhat dependent on the node server as it could clear them all at startup if that was part of it's startup process.

Thanks. I got interrupted during migration from pg3 to PG3x including the portal migration. Im 99.99% I did something wrong or out of order. I had to reinstall all nodeservers in their same slot and enter various parameters. They all worked except for this one.

It was odd how you config it and I can’t recall even the basics. I’m fine to recreate the 5 virtual switches but I don’t remember how it works and can’t find an example. I usually put this stuff in a document for future reference. But not for this or I can’t find it. Looking at its config screen again, there appears to be a missing section at the bottom. There is a header and then save button but no add another parameter button for that section.
  • Like 1