ST-Ecowitt--Support for GW2000?

I just bought the ST-Ecowitt node server for PG3 hoping to use it with an Ecowitt GW2000 hub, and I have it configured as a custom weather service on the hub. I have it the nodeserver configured with a custom parameter listenPort as per instructions. But when I try to start the node server it immediately fails with:

2023-06-01 08:18:20 info: NS: Starting Node Server
2023-06-01 08:18:20 error: NS: uncaughtException REPORT THIS!: Error: Cannot find module './lib/EcoWittServer.js'
Require stack:
- /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db95d9b24_8/st-ecowitt.js
    at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1039:15)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:885:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1105:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db95d9b24_8/st-ecowitt.js:33:23)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1218:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1272:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1081:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:922:12)
    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:81:12)
2023-06-01 08:18:20 error: POLY: uncaughtException: Cannot find module './lib/EcoWittServer.js'
Require stack:
- /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/000db95d9b24_8/st-ecowitt.js
Error: Cannot find module './lib/EcoWittServer.js'

Edited by landolfi

What version of PG3 are you running?

It looks like a file didn't get installed that is required for the node server to run.   There have been a couple of case where PG3 (not PG3x) fails to install all of the node server file.  We have not been able to determine the root cause of this issue and the current work around is to migrate to PG3x.  

If you are already running PG3x, then please try a re-install. If you continue to get this error then this would be the first case where this has occurred on PG3x.

19 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

At this point, we have not been able to identify the root cause for the missing files.  The current recommended solution is to migrate to PG3x, and yes, it works on a Polisy.

There are instructions on the wiki  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide under the heading "Upgrading to PG3x"

I followed the instructions, and now all my node servers are working, but when I try to go to the PG3 node server using the Node Server menu on IoX, I get a message saying the PG3x server isn't connected and the message will disappear when it is. I've tried restarting PG3x and refreshing the page, neither works. Is this expected and if not, what's my next step?

EDIT: Logging out of PG3x and then back in seems to have fixed it.

Edited by landolfi

All working now! Thanks very much. I had the impression that PGx was only for eISY, not sure where I got that idea.

Anyway, a few things that weren't clear in the PG3x upgrade:

1) The enabling PG3x link just opened a browser page that said:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

So it wasn't clear whether that step worked or not. I did it twice, then proceeded on the assumption that it had worked. Some sort of confirmation that it worked would have been helpful.

2) The process was complicated by a dialog from IoX saying I needed to upgrade packages. Not sure whether that nessage was related to #1 or just coincidence. If it was related, it would be nice to know that was going to happen. The PG3x upgrade  instructions make no mention of it.

3)  I had to log out before PG3x would reconnect (even though it was actually connected as far as IoX was concerned). I don't know whether that's a step missing from documentation or specific to my Polisy situation.

For ST-Ecowitt setup, at least for the GW2000, the port referred to in the setup instructions is the NS port and it says that. But the hub already has a default port when you configure a custom service, so I thought I was supposed to set the NS listenPort = the hub default. In fact, it's the other way around: The hub is supposed to get whatever value listenPort is set to on the NS. The instructions could make this clearer by telling you to explicitly set a listenPort value as a custom NS parameter BEFORE doing the hub setup. Also, don't use port 80 because you'll get constant "ST-Ecowitt NS is online" notifications from the ST-Ecowitt node server on your UD mobile app.

Edited by landolfi

Is this node server being maintained? I am only getting the following nodes: Indoor, Outdoor, Wind, and Pressure. It appears this node server does not recognize the Wittboy rain sensor, nor am I getting any reports from a lightning sensor. I got this node server on the assumption I'd be able to monitor rain. Is there an alternate configuration or a planned enhancement that will report on all the devices that are connected to the GW2000?

1 hour ago, landolfi said:

Is this node server being maintained? I am only getting the following nodes: Indoor, Outdoor, Wind, and Pressure. It appears this node server does not recognize the Wittboy rain sensor, nor am I getting any reports from a lightning sensor. I got this node server on the assumption I'd be able to monitor rain. Is there an alternate configuration or a planned enhancement that will report on all the devices that are connected to the GW2000?

I'm maintaining that node server, but mostly that means that I'll attempt to fix any bugs that show up.  I didn't write it and I don't have any hardware to test with. I can attempt to add features but I'll need details on the what is being sent in the data for the different sensors.

I could send you what entities Home Assistant reports (e.g., GW2000B_V2.2.4 Rain Rate Piezo), but I think you are looking for a full API spec. This one seems to cover rain, soil moisture, and lightning, which are my use case: https://osswww.ecowitt.net/uploads/20220407/WN1900 GW1000,1100 WH2680,2650 telenet v1.6.4.pdf

It also appears to be the very latest.

Edited by landolfi