enhancement request

Hi @bpwwer

I am working with @shbatm and the Home Assistant integration. 

He encountered the problem below... 1st paragraph.

2023-06-28 09:48:38.736 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Entity sensor.inverter_1_apparent_power (<class 'custom_components.isy994.sensor.ISYSensorEntity'>) is using native unit of measurement 'VA' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('power') it is using; expected one of ['W', 'kW'];

He suggested I send you a request for the enhancement ... 2nd paragraph 

Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom integration author. I will have to add a check for this and classify it as an "Apparent Power" device class in Home Assistant. This module uses the ISY's control names to determine device classes, and that node server uses "CPW" (Power) for the apparent power. It doesn't look like the ISY actually has a control for Apparent or Reactive Power (e.g. "APW"/"RPW"), just power and total_power_used (TPW). May be something to suggest to them to add.

Thanks 

Steve

Not something I can change/add.  You'd have to submit a ticket to UDI to have some type of apparent power/reactive power status value define in their firmware.  Then the node server could be modified to make use of it.